Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Everything Must Go. Selling up for good. So sad  (Read 22573 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Everything Must Go. Selling up for good. So sad
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:22 am »
I really feel for you, going through this.  I think a lot of us can  relate to having a partner not as committed as us, to keeping livestock, growing food etc. And sometimes this bubbles over when they resent the money, and probably attention lavished on our animals.  I had my animals before meeting my husband - so he knew what my interests were.  Now we have more animals and land, and he does nothing but grumble.

Well done on making your decision - it can't have beeen easy.  I do hope you can manage to salvage something, and keep your smallholding going, even if its in a very small way.......its not fair to expect you to give everything up, surely?

Wishing you lots of luck.

Workhorse

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »
Good luck and much happiness!   :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
Wow, Pip. Big decision but good on you - taking control is liberating, if a bit scary.

If you wanted a wee break, we've got a caravan you could have for a week or two  :)

dmoran

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »
Sorry to hear of this, it sounds like a very difficult time.

I don't know if anything is still for sale but I would be interested in the young lambs and possibly some of the ewes.  Also interested in the pig arc and if you have a creep ad lib feeder.

Could you let me know if these things are still available?

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »
Good for you!  Well done! :D

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »
Just read through the whole of this thread and here's a big old hug for you  :hug: :hug: :hug: I especially liked the bit where you said you grew some balls! You need to be happy in your life and from the tiny bit that I've learned about you, I don't think sitting about watching Jezza Kyle and mooching around the shops would have made you happy. It's a shame your OH couldn't accept this but then that would have made her miserable too. I think you've been incredibly brave. If you need a break away, then come to snowy Mid Wales for a wee while  :)
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

annie burrows

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »
hello, may be interested in your new lambs and some of the chicks if they're still available.  Anne

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2013, 05:01:42 pm »
Wow !!! way to go that man... I guess in one way , it must have been hard to make the decision,
but as i said..you only live once... better to be happy with yourself than miserable for someone else...

I don't encourage Divorces..but being happy is a must... good for you

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2013, 06:19:28 pm »
Only on TAS could you post a a for sale thread on marketplace, share your marital problems, get sympathy, compassion and advice, anounce your possible divorce and get so much support, encouragment and kind offers of livestock fostering and scenic boltholes.
What a fantastic virtual family!
Congratulations Pip and the best of luck in all that you do. 

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »
Good luck Pip
How are you
Haven't heard from you since you mentioned divorce - You OK?

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 11:25:33 am »
Right big update coming. Sorry I have been absent for so long and thank you so much for all your kind words and support. It is funny that the people who kind of know me best are ones I have never met xxx

So there was a big revelation a week or so that she had an affair last year and has been trying to push me away as she felt so guilty. Now she has been honest, we are going to Relate counselling to see if we can salvage anything at all. The animals still have to go but she says there might be a possibility to start again in the future (I doubt it but we will see)
So I will be starting to contact people who have expressed interest in the animals and equipment over the next few days. The sheep are due to be sheared in about 3 weeks so that would be a great time to collect them. The trailer will have to wait till last just in case along with the ride on mower but the rest can start to go asap. Sorry the balls I grew dropped off and I am doing what she wants but I guess marriage is worth working at I hope. Love to you all and I'll try to get in touch with everyone asap xxxx

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2013, 11:51:35 am »
hello Pip

its not about growing balls - its about doing what is right for you and your wife  :)   If you believe your marriage is worth working for then you go for it!! very good news, really pleased for you. Marital breakdown is never good, too much heartbreak.  Hopefully RELATE will help you both work through the issues that led to the affair and that have come from it.
Us girls do daft stuff sometimes, but often realise that deep down our husbands/partners really are 'the one' ...take it from one who knows xxx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:53 pm »
Pip, Its great that you now know the real reason behind the original bombshell.  :fc:  that you can work through it together with the help of Relate.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

fairhaven

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Norfolk
    • The Hazy Rainbow
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »
I haven't been on here much in the last few weeks & just read through the last couple of pages to catch up...  :hug:  I really hope that things work out for you & that you will be happy.  With your situation, there are no easy options and there isn't an easy way out, but I am quite sure that your balls are still there and you will be just fine.  All the best.   
Sheep: North Ronaldsay & 4 Horned Hebridean - We also breed & exhibit 3 breeds of rabbit - Chinchilla, Deilenaar (rare breed) & Colour Pointed English Angora.

silkiechick

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2013, 12:36:04 pm »
have sent you an email

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS