Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kinross Show- 14th August  (Read 4240 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Kinross Show- 14th August
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:52 pm »
Just wondering if anyone is going along? We mentioned it in a thread in the poultry section. CSSA will have a stand there, I will be there with the goats, celebrating my birthday.

Anyone else?

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Kinross Show- 14th August
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:19:07 am »
Me!  On the CSSA stand 1 till 3pm, Sandy too if she isn't busy with B & B guests
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:02:12 am »
We'll probably be there too, seeing as it's 10 mins from the door

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:37:44 am »
I've entered 3 of our lambs, so i guess I'll be there!  Never done a show before so I'll be easy to recognise as the most stressed person there!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »
Carol is struggling to get enough people to man the stand on Saturday - can anyone outwith the Committee take a turn - just stand or sit at the stall and give out leaflets and quizzes, and generally chat to allcomers about smallholding.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 10:33:17 am »
i would offer to help bui'm not sure if i have to stay with the sheep, or when my classes are.  if i can i will, but think i would be foolish to commit at this point - will come along depending on how it goes

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 01:18:50 pm »
I may go along.  I am about 20mins away from Kinross.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 01:31:37 pm »
Here's all the details - http://www.kinross.cc/kinross_show/ If anyone can help on teh stall please email cssa_committee@yahoo.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 12:40:13 am »
Bump!

Should be round to see the CSSA stand in the afternoon.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:57 pm »
We had a very busy day - lots of interest in our two lavender turkeys and the bantam and her baby, courtesy of Katrina and Stuart(as well as the rocky road and choc chip cakes yum) ;D. Two people wanted rhubarb plants but never came back for them so if either is on this forum let me know and I'll get some more.  Many people stopped to look at the photo of Scraggie Aggie, all were disgusted at the state of her, but reassured when told she was eating, drinking and scratting around within few hours of coming home with her sisters, and that her feathers would grow back in a couple of months.
Thoroughly enjoyed chatting to everyone who came by.

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 11:30:40 pm »
THanks, enjoyed my day and chat with all the interested people and amazed how many people love chickies....Last night I had a dream...such a great idea..
You know how people were attracted to live birds in the cage and also how many stopped to read and look at the photo of Annes scraggy Annie, well, why not get a chicken costume, several would be better, or maybe just masks and orange track suits, and put CSSA members IN the cadge to attract attention and to demonstrate Cadged birds If you cannot find a cage suitable, maybe a large dog cage and small children dressed up could go inside  ;) (by the way  I KNOW I would be in trouble if I put small children in a cage but, sod it, I'm oldish) ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:28:46 pm by Sandy »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS