Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1407 times)

xenedra

• Joined Jun 2017
Hello!
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:48:47 pm »
Hello all!  :wave:

I'm Lexi. I live in Suffolk with my husband, 3 Golden Retrievers and a horse. We have 7 acres, 5 of which have just been granted PP for change of use to equestrian. I'm a regular visitor to the forum so thought it's about time I join it.
I grew up watching The Good Life and playing with toy farm sets, wanting to be a farmer. Now after many years of hinting, gentle cajoling and blatant nagging, I've finally managed to convince the husband that it's a good idea to move to a farmhouse with a bit of land, and that it's a fab idea to keep horses, chickens, ducks and to grow our own veg. (Ok so admittedly he doesn't think it's a 'fab' idea, I'm still working on that, but he's at least agreed to it).
So here I am about to take the plunge into all things smallholding, which I probably in reality know less about than I ought to, so will no doubt be asking a lot of gormless questions on the forum. Apologies and thanks in advance.

Scallywag

• Joined Apr 2017
  • Retford
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:39:55 am »
Welcome to TAS !!

Sounds like an exciting new venture for you.

The only silly question is the one that's not asked ...... so fire away !!
Scallywag
Be careful what you scratch if you've been chopping chillies

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:08 am »
 :wave:

I would say don't try too much at once, but then I'd be a hypocrite.
 So I'll stick with only add one animal species at a time until you're confident with routine needs.
Potatoes don't care if you mess up your timings and ignore them for a month, but livestock will care very much!

I also believe that pony and puppy pictures are compulsory  :innocent:  ;D

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:46:09 am »
Hi Lexi
WElcome to the forum from Ceredigion! :wave: It sounds very exciting and am sure the hubby will come round to the idea, eventually ;) Whatever you ned to know please so fire away and we will try to help best we can, no question is too silly a question to ask :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 11:06:18 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire.

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:26:43 pm »
I love your enthusiasm.
I mean, what could possibly go wrong  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Anyway, I've not yet met anyone who's regretted 'taking the plunge'..... Many adventures ahead of you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS