Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: garden has been transformed  (Read 2468 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
garden has been transformed
« on: May 13, 2017, 03:29:53 pm »
Imagine a really shambolic mess of a place and then everything oh so neat and tidy. Well it has been a long time in coming, but finally the garden is well again, oh so neat and tidy and it has really started to get the juices going in anticipation... The mounds of vegetable plants in the conservatory is ridiculous, I have 5 cucumber plants being potted on, over 30 tomato plants, 2 different varieties I might add, 10 courgettes (5 in the process of germination) half a dozen runner beans, with more on the way, loads of french beans (almost 3 trays) 1 tray of sweet peppers and 1 tray of sweet basil. Not forgetting 1 small box of squash seedlings and pumpkin seedlings.... This will be hectic, but no doubt we will get there in the end!  :tired:
How is everyone elses garden's doing?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
Re: garden has been transformed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:59:48 pm »
Weeeeell.... a lot of seedlings are stuck at two leaves, nothing sown direct has appeared, but my £5 fruit trees are in the ground so that's something psitive :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:10:28 am »
Runner beans were planted out today. Tomatoes are now in the greenhouse soil. I have Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower plants in. Salad leaves, radishes and beetroot coming through outside too.  French beans and squashes will soon be going out. I am also trying out cucamelons which sounded interesting. Anyone tried them?

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 08:09:21 am »
I had cucamelons in the greenhouse. Funny little things! Plants looked scrawny for weeks then took over...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 11:26:38 pm »
Mine look scrawny and I did wonder if they really do make 6 foot tall so hopefully they will take off like yours.

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:52:26 am »
Mine is still a mess but it is slowly coming around. Just like my plants that are slowly growing. I just have to keep up with neem oil

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 01:00:42 pm »
Imagine a really shambolic mess of a place and then everything oh so neat and tidy. Well it has been a long time in coming, but finally the garden is well again, oh so neat and tidy and it has really started to get the juices going in anticipation... The mounds of vegetable plants in the conservatory is ridiculous, I have 5 cucumber plants being potted on, over 30 tomato plants, 2 different varieties I might add, 10 courgettes (5 in the process of germination) half a dozen runner beans, with more on the way, loads of french beans (almost 3 trays) 1 tray of sweet peppers and 1 tray of sweet basil. Not forgetting 1 small box of squash seedlings and pumpkin seedlings.... This will be hectic, but no doubt we will get there in the end!  :tired:
How is everyone elses garden's doing?

As you live higher up in the the hills than I do( I'm at 117 mtrs above sea level )  If you have still got seeds & space available  I'd sow  a fair few new seeds .. it's so wet & cold we may well end up having some late May frost that will kill off the more delicate planted out crops .
 By my reckoning we are almost three weeks behind for what has been growing in my garden for the last six years .
 I've had to  re sow in my bottomless seed tubes all my beans,  peas & open sow all the early carrots , radishes & cut & come again salad stuff that should have been showing greenery three weeks ago .
 This time last year we had lupins & gladioli showing likely to burst into flowers this year there is absolutely nothing of the sort showing through  .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS