Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not impressed with vets ..  (Read 6172 times)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Not impressed with vets ..
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:13 am »
I think the two examples above are quite different. The bottom line with Coximus's Ryland was that the sheep was at the end of the line. That wouldn't matter if the sheep was a pedigree or not. That isn't comparable with the second where the complaint was treatable and Womble had the time to treat it. A commercial farmer may or may not have done the same.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:24 am »
Yes of course. I just wanted to make the point that every case is different - for both the animal and its owner.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Liz Kershaw

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 10:04:59 pm »
Our vets are great (farm and equine, the dogs go to a different practice). The vets treat me with my 9 pet sheep as courteously as they do my neighbour with 320 and will approach our economic realities differently, knowing that they farm commercially and I don't. I've called them out twice and they've been fine - and when I apologised in advance in case I needed them during lambing (I didn't) they said that's what they're there for

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS