Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello..from fife  (Read 1355 times)

cola1

• Joined Mar 2017
Hello..from fife
« on: March 18, 2017, 03:18:24 pm »
Hi.. I own my own excouncil property in a town.. my dream is to find a field and live in a container.and grown my own food and have my own renewable energy ..I have been doing a bit of research and to be honest I am getting no where fast... I can't seen to find land at a reasonable price... I only want 1 acre... I also know now that my container dream..may just be that as it would be classed as cbange of use of land... but then who is to say I am living in the container if I am discreet.   Does anyone have any info on where they got their land... and how I go about living off grid. ....?any advice welcomed .... x

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Hello..from fife
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:22:50 pm »
Can't help with your questions but welcome to the forum
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:24:38 am »
Welcome to TAS, from sunny Carnoustie  :wave:

With an acre, you're competing with house plots and equestrian, particularly in commuting distance of Edinburgh.

Have a look at "Field to Farm" - the problem is,to justify residential, you have to be running a viable business so, unless you find oil on your acre, that's going to be hard to justify.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:08:49 pm »
Have PMed you.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 06:24:13 pm »
 :wave: from arbroath
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Goatmamma

• Joined Mar 2017
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:10:00 pm »
Hello from Aberdeenshire.  :wave: Sorry I can't help with advice on your aspirations, but good luck with it all.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS