Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jumping into crofting adventure  (Read 1483 times)

HazelT

• Joined Mar 2017
Jumping into crofting adventure
« on: March 16, 2017, 04:51:34 pm »
Hello,

I've just come across this forum and it seems like a really friendly place to get useful advice.

My partner and I have just decided to quit the rat race and become crofters in the highlands but it's all rather complex and I'm hoping to speak to fellow crofters who can help us on our way.

We only want a small bit of land, 4/5 acres, on which to build our own cottage and use the land for vegetables and crops.

Building our own cottage on croft land seem so problematic enough, so if anyone has any great advice for this very early stage, it would be much appreciated!

Hazel

ho !sheep!

• Joined Mar 2017
Re: Jumping into crofting adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:59:41 pm »
No advice as I'm at the same sort of stage on  my journey into farming. So good luck

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »
No advice but wanted to welcome you to the forum. I'm sure someone will be along soon who has the experience to be able to help you.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 08:52:37 am »
Contact the Scottish Crofting Federation for advice.

Good luck with your plans.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 08:57:58 am »
Hello and good luck.
                          Sylvia.

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
Hi there.  I am a few steps ahead if you.  Bought a croft 5 or 6 years ago and built a house on it.  Still haven't finished building cow sheds and fences etc.
Post any questions you have in the crofting section and there are a few of us here who have probably done it before.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS