Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1411 times)

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
New to this
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:54:18 am »
I'm in the process of creating pig paradise with ark, trees, grass, water and ... yes mud. 

I am looking to buy 3 female weaners in mid March - any breed or cross breed as long as they can stand growing up on Dartmoor.  Will anyone in the South West have anything suitable by then? :fc:
Never ever give up.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: New to this
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:31 am »
If you like to try GOS you could take a look on the Gloucestershire Old Spots Pig Breeders' Club - gospbc.co.uk.  They have a list of breeders in the SW.

silkwoodzwartbles

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:56:54 am »
If you don't find anything sooner, we'll have Tamworth weaners ready in June although maybe a bit far for you to travel, we're in the Forest of Dean.

farmershort

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »
I'm in the process of creating pig paradise with ark, trees, grass, water and ... yes mud. 

I am looking to buy 3 female weaners in mid March - any breed or cross breed as long as they can stand growing up on Dartmoor.  Will anyone in the South West have anything suitable by then? :fc:

There's a few large black (sometimes called devon black) and British lop (sometimes called devon or Cornwall lop) near you. Check the breed society Web sites. Both are old school placid breeds.

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:03 pm »
Thanks all.  I'll do some homework.

Never ever give up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS