Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Puppy names  (Read 5798 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Puppy names
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:30 am »
I'd love to see a photo of her - that link couldn't work because i'm not a memebr of that forum.  Great name.  I like indiginous names - my KC reg names have been mainly gaelic
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
I'd love to see a photo of her - that link couldn't work because i'm not a memebr of that forum.  Great name.  I like indiginous names - my KC reg names have been mainly gaelic
Sorry bout that, didn't know it worked like that. Here are some pics of her on my twitter feed. You have to scroll down a little.
https://twitter.com/Tammypuddleduck
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:55 am »
She's so sweet. Making me want one now.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:05 pm »
If you hadn't named her already (eventually found out you had, scrolling through the thread), I was going to suggest "Alf" !!  According to Radio 4 today, it is one of the most favorite dog names !!!!!  And one could argue it is sort of trans-gender.  Anyway, too late!  :D  Rhosyn is much better.

In passing, went to see my ex's 4 week-old pups today:  her doggy-mum and the 4 pups doing extremely well.  Apparently, doggy-mum often dumps largest pup away from the others for a while, so it cannot compete with siblings when suckling, OR she takes smallest pup off to a corner and suckles it on its own away from the other three.  What a brilliant mum! 
However, there is a degree of confusion about whether they are 4 males or 4 females:  they sort of look like males with very tufted/hairy "protrusion" on lower part of tummy, BUT we can't discern remnants of umbilical cord.  Surely umbilical "scar" would still be very noticeable at 3-4 weeks?   If so, then they are probably 4 females! 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:36:40 pm by arobwk »

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »
You (/she) needs to look out for which way the wee comes out  ;D

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 04:15:54 am »
Update ref' posts #20/21: they were all boys and now one of them  "Alee"  is mine.

Alee not living with me (and my other dog, Keela) yet:  he will be the hold-over pup, i.e. the last to leave his doggie mum & dad. But I reckon that will be OK.
He seems to be quite attached to "us" already;  he shadows Keela whenever we visit his human carers and ... 
"D, would you rescue me please - Alee has gone to sleep on my feet again, but I really need to be going". 
Plus he will see his doggie mum & dad frequently, undoubtedly with resumption of their usual playful pack-mayhem.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 02:37:14 am »
Whatever gender one is/has, there is no defense for puppy cuteness!  To round-off on prev' posts, here's the boy Alee: terror that he is, he's melted quite a few hearts already (inc. mine of course).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:40:39 am by arobwk »

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 12:07:49 pm »
Just beautiful :love:
Rhosyn is really big now, she is already rounding up the pet lambs by herself and takes great interest in the sheep/buffalo, although still needs training around them...
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS