Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Puppy names  (Read 5799 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Puppy names
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:56:44 pm »
So with us getting a new working sheepdog we really need a name for her. Any suggestions? Can't sound like ruby at all, as our other dog is named that!   ::) Not too poncy or too long, something nice and snappy will do :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
Re: Puppy names
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »
Meg
Fern
Tess
Snow

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:06:06 pm »
Did you sort your aggression problems in your other dog? Would hate for your new pup to start to copy, they learn bad habits as quick as good ones!

Just remembered sorry, you sold it because you didn't have time to train it........

Floss?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:18:24 pm by Sbom »

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »
Whatever you pick, make sure it's still recognisable at full shouting volume, and I'd also google it to make sure it hasn't acquired a modern, interesting, meaning...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 11:11:07 pm »
Lass
Bess
Daisy

angie

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 11:26:27 am »
Storm

Cloud

Silver

D-fer (D for dog) lol

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:23 am »
I do love these names :) I will put them all to the lads to see if they like them.
Thanks guys! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:04:56 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We have decided to called her Rhosin, on her registration certificate that will be, but we have shortened it to Rhos. We tried calling that in Ruby's earshot and even in the same tone we uase for her and no response, so all good! :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
Did you sort your aggression problems in your other dog? Would hate for your new pup to start to copy, they learn bad habits as quick as good ones!

Just remembered sorry, you sold it because you didn't have time to train it........

Floss?
Assume you have time to train this one?  Whatever it's called doesn't matter, so long as it a) knows it's name within a couple of days and b) responds to it
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 02:43:11 pm »

Floss?
Assume you have time to train this one?  Whatever it's called doesn't matter, so long as it a) knows it's name within a couple of days and b) responds to it
Yes I am going to reserve a lot of time for training this one. She is out of very good genetics, so it shouldn't be a problem.  Problem with the other one was she needed too much training as she was aggressive towards the animals and I wasn't getting anywhere with her, I also didn't have the time to give her the extensive training that she needed.

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 02:38:16 pm »
You haven't said if your pup is male or female.  Also, what kind of characteristics does it have.  Sometimes it pays to watch a pup for a while to see how it behaves, and then the name will come to you.  (However, if we adhered to that premise, our dogs would be called Pest, Pain and You Bugger!) :dog: :innocent:

The_Hawthorne_Pack

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:41:43 pm »
Yes, I've just seen it!!  "a name for HER"  should have been a giveaway! :notworthy:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:11 pm »
We have named her Rhosyn, welsh for Rose, so perfect for her really :)

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »
Lovely name. Let us know how she gets on.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 06:45:19 pm »
Will do :) Here are some pics of her..... I couldn't get them on here so I uploaded them here instead for other friends to see  ;D
https://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/so-after-months-of-waiting.154740/#post-3383790

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS