Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: STOLEN SHEEP - Warwickshire  (Read 3856 times)

agoosecalledshakespeare

• Joined Apr 2016
STOLEN SHEEP - Warwickshire
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:39:25 pm »
Good evening all,

We have just had four of our sheep stolen from my dads farm near Rugby, Warwickshire.  The stolen sheep are all ewe lambs - two Coloured Ryelands and two Jacobs.  If anyone spots any somewhere that weren't there before or heard of them for sale I'd be grateful if you could let me know.  They cannot be sold as pedigree as no paperwork and breed societies are aware. 

More detail and pictures can be found on our Facebook page - Wandering Goose Farm.

Thanks for reading, any information very gratefully received.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: STOLEN SHEEP - Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:03:43 pm »
So sorry to hear about this, there are just some very wicked people around. I hope they are found soon!! I will post to FB and groups I am on and twitter too.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:14:57 pm »
Good luck. I do hope they are found.

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:56:29 pm »
I do hope they are found safe and sound and returned quickly to you.
4 pet sheep

Maureen

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:00:43 pm »
shared on facebook in Warks area - so sorry your sheep look wonderful

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:31 am »
That's very bad luck and also, I think, quite unusual.  Sheep stealing is generally confined to commercial breeds that are going to end up as smokies.  I suggest spreading the word on as many farming forums as you can - such distinctive sheep stand a chance of being spotted.

Coximus

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 01:07:02 pm »
Unfortunately due to the movement regs and low value of sheep, when small numbers are taken, its 7/10 of the time for meat - larger numbers (20+) tend to be alive to be sold on.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS