Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep turnover crate  (Read 8397 times)

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Sheep turnover crate
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 07:25:17 pm »
Yup I think we've explained why you can buy second hand Commodores but rarely see the newer designs second hand.

zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 09:15:18 pm »
If you can wait until one of the big shows have a look on the stands then.
We bought an IAE crate at the Norfolk show 20% off.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 11:41:51 pm »
Hmmm, I tried that trick at the RHS, Zwartbles. All of the reps were totally indifferent, and one was downright offensive (I quote: "How many sheep do you have then?  Twenty!?! for **** sake man, that's not a flock! What breed? Zwartbles? Oh it gets worse! They're OK for embryo transplant I guess, but **** all use for anything else. Get yourself some Beltex and grow a pair why don't you!?".  I honestly thought Mrs Womble was going to lamp him one!  :roflanim: ).

Oh well, it felt good to get that off my chest at least!  :coat:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 03:10:09 am »
Well, Womble, perhaps our approach was better. "We have HUUUUGE sheep will your crate be man enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Fronden ewes

• Joined Dec 2016
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 09:42:30 am »
Its always the same when I want to buy something, I started with a budget of £200 thinking I could get one that would be well used but would do the job, then as I expected the earlier Commodore turnovers are not really going to be good enough........ now I'm looking at £350-£400 and soon i'll be up to £600  ;)

I think the Bateman, IAE or Ironworks it the way ahead, and if I buy one then I don't want to be upgrading in a few years time.

Thanks for your comments and advice, certainly prevented me from buying something that would not of been adequate.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 10:13:22 am »
I generally attend one of the NSA shows each Summer and manufacturers sometimes have show discounts or "take this home today for £...." offers to save having to pack up the stand at the end of the day.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS