Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi from drizzly Cheshire  (Read 1391 times)

LouP3003

• Joined Nov 2016
Hi from drizzly Cheshire
« on: November 21, 2016, 11:58:34 am »
Hi all. I'be just joined as my partner and I have started keeping pedigree Texels (partners brutes) and Zwartble's (my babies).

Wanting to show both breeds next year but haven't got a clue where to start with prepping them!

Any tips will be gratefully received!

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Hi from drizzly Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 09:32:05 am »
Hello from Devon! I can't help with much with preparation of sheep for shows but there are lots of folk on here who show their sheep and may advise. I think each breed needs different trimming to enhance shape etc. Good luck!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Hi from drizzly Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:46 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum from a  :sunshine: mid wales :) as to the question I would advise to go onto the zwartbles society website and the texel society website. They will usually have a page about how to show them, what judges will be looking for etc, etc. It may also be worthwhile to go to shows next year and look at what there is and how people do things, also try and talk to breeders too, nothing like advice from a professional. Also maybe arrange to visit their farms to talk about breeding and pick up some tips from them. Hope this helps and could you let us know how you get on?   :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS