Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wheelbarrow  (Read 3974 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
wheelbarrow
« on: November 07, 2016, 01:10:27 pm »
My wheelbarrow finally rusted through beyond any welding or repair. Wife bought me a new one as a birthday prezzie...but I'm worried about using it:- It came wrapped in bubblewrap with 'fragile' tape all over it  ::)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: wheelbarrow
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:47:37 pm »
Was it airlifted in and dropped from a helicopter ....?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 02:45:51 pm »
The bubble wrap is to stop the stones bouncing out as your filling it ;)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
It depends  ;D . Metal ones - yes should be tough but if it's one of the fashionable brightly coloured poly-something ones they do break, especially if you chuck a spade in in anger, or your grandson puts a hot flame gun in........ :dunce:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:41:17 pm »
My other half bought me a new sweeping brush for my birthday.  I told her off for splashing out like that...all the old one needed was a new head and a new shaft and it would have been fine.

(update 20/11/2016.....good to see some of you are paying attention  :excited:)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:43:58 pm by stufe35 »

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:45:10 pm »
The plastic ones are very fragile when it comes to transporting hot coals.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 10:59:30 am »
I splurged this year and bought three.  Green for Clean - hay and feed.  Blue for Poo - specifically pig muck.  BL ack for BaaLambs - for mucking out the mothering up pens, to save having to wash down the pig muck wheelbarrow every time.  Oh, the extravagance of it all!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 11:58:37 am »
My mantra is: you can never have too many wheelbarrows  :thumbsup:   I have to defend my lovely purple 'clean' one or it gets nicked for mucking out............

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 12:03:13 pm »
I am pleased to say I rejuvenated my pile of old wheelbarrows this week by treating them to some new wheels. I find they work so much better without shredded flat tyres.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 12:26:52 pm »
My wheelbarrow finally rusted through beyond any welding or repair. Wife bought me a new one as a birthday prezzie...but I'm worried about using it:- It came wrapped in bubblewrap with 'fragile' tape all over it  ::)

Clearly you are only expected to look at it not use it  :relief:

You had better get your wife one for Xmas that she can use!

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »
A while back after being frustrated over knowing where wheel barrows are at any point in time, I came up with the idea of colour coding them. 

Its just so much better , you now always know where which wheelbarrow is and its easy to send the kids for say 'the green wheel barrow'

A few tins of cheap survey spray paint was all it took.

Heres our fleet !
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:50:24 pm by stufe35 »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:15 pm »
along with the Scottish national bucket collection we have a fleet of wheelbarrows 2 and single wheel , none are metal , the best one we had was orange, made by fort in Holland still with us after 21 years, the metalwork is rusting though and its on its second wheel, its direct replacement is a Belle branded one (still orange) made by the same people but just a bit smaller but just as thick plastic for the tub , The 2 wheeled one gets very little use as when its full its very heavy and difficult to move about .
So its 2x Green for feeds and hay 1x Large 2 wheeler for poo picking , 1x orange (new) for the steading mucking out and gardening, 1x orange (old) for general light use and 1x pink for my use (dont ask).

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 10:32:17 pm »
I really dislike those wheelbarrows with the handles very far apart - much more difficult and heavy to use.
 My lovely yellow one will balance a bale of hay so well that it hardly weighs anything to push  :farmer: .  Unfortunately that's the one my grandson dumped the hot flame gun in AND threw the spade in, so unfortunately it's a bit the worse for wear now  :(

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 11:16:28 pm »
My other half bought me a new sweeping brush for my birthday.  I told her off for splashing out like that...all the old one needed was a new head and a new shaft and it would have been fine.

(update 20/11/2016.....good to see some of you are paying attention  :excited: )

:roflanim:

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 08:53:32 pm »
I splurged this year and bought three.  Green for Clean - hay and feed.  Blue for Poo - specifically pig muck.  BL ack for BaaLambs - for mucking out the mothering up pens, to save having to wash down the pig muck wheelbarrow every time.  Oh, the extravagance of it all!

Which one do you use for concrete?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS