Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Emotional meltdown  (Read 2604 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Emotional meltdown
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:40:25 pm »
Well today was the final straw, I finally had one, I could feel it had been coming on for a long time. Everything has been against me this year, well almost. Lambing was very good, which is a relief, gardening was a disaster, calving went well (only lost 2, which was very bad) Getting buffalo back into calf (well lets just say if we can't do it soon I may as well say goodbye to farming as we won't be able to keep them any longer, if we don't have calves next year). We AI'd the buffalo and only got 2 in calf, the 2 young bulls are not working yet (we think) so we are PD'ing next wednesday to confirm suspicions and then buying in a bull (again something we cannot afford but have to do). The guy who wanted the shearling ram has now backed out and isn't taking my messages, or even responding, he hasn't even seen the animal yet. I have no idea how I am going to pay for this new ram, I have nowhere to put this shearling ram except in a building and although he has ad lib feed he is not happy, although I gave him a ewe for company. Complete chaos!!! This afternoon was the final straw. I had just, and stupidly you may say I know I did, put the pressure washer down and plugged it in and realized I needed an extension lead, as the lead wasn't long enough. Well as I was just about to set off to look for one, 2 calves came hurtling down the run taking the washer with them and I heard an enormous crash and there was my beautiful machine on the ground the wires ripped out, I may be able to fix it not sure. I was so angry with them and myself I ran after them shouting all the names under the sun, in my head I am sure, dad wanted to know what the problem was I told him and bingo he had an emotional meltdown, I then broke down and started crying and we tried to fix the machine but to no avail. After all this yes we're standing, but for how long who can tell? I am shaking with upset atm as I am sure everyone here is. So yes here is my problem; I am not sure what I can call it except as twitter users say #LIFE. sorry for this rant guys but I needed to let it out and I feel so much better for it. P.S. You may ask what the calves were doing out and yes my fault again am afraid. I needed to keep them closer to the house to feed milk but places I put them they got out, I was in the middle of organizing a place for them before this happened. Think I need a break ::)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:44:00 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
Re: Emotional meltdown
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 05:59:02 pm »
 :hug:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:31:59 pm »
 :hug:
Rant as much as you need, that's what we're here for, may not know each other personally, but we know what the feeling is like, sometimes it seems everything is stacking up against us.
I like Scarlett Dragons advice, one step at a time. Tomorrow is another day, get a good night's sleep, and get an electric fence round those calves, or fasten the naughty critters in :- )
Not sure what else to say, just wish I could help, too far away.
Take Care of yourself

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:35 pm »
Thanks for that guys, I really appreciate it and will do :) Its always really good to talk to you guys and I am starting to feel a lot better now, thankyou :hug: We had a look at the machine and I am sorry to say it is unfixable, however dad has managed to get hold of a refurbished vax pressure washer for £60 off ebay, it has a lot more power than the karcher one and is twice the price  brand new, so at least thats something isnt it?  :) I just went to look at the last pregnant buffalo of the year and she looks really big, so am starting to get really excited for when she calves, should be in the next week, I will definitely post some pictures of her and the newborn then, all being well :excited:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 06:49:28 pm »
We've all been there, dear, screamed and shouted and thought that was the end, you can't go on any more. But a couple of days, a couple of nights' sleep, even if you have to take something to help that and things will come clear again.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 12:45:20 am »
Hope things seem more positive for you today, WBF. We all get those days when it seems nothing else can go wrong and then it does. Ranting gets it out of your system and we're the ones who understand so rant away.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Katrina

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:58 pm »
 :hug: :hug:  Hope you are doing ok now.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 04:52:39 pm »
:hug: :hug:  Hope you are doing ok now.
Thank you. I am fine now, I think things are starting to fall into place; I may have just found a buyer for the buffalo which I have for sale, really hope he comes for them as he has said he will have them and he hasn't seen them yet. :excited:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 07:30:21 pm »
On days like this I just scream it out. Lucky for me my neighbours are far enough away so no white van coming to take me away !  I plan out my jobs using a list. Important things at the top of course. I try my best not to let things get me down but it happens. Tomorrow is another day !

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:30:01 pm »
My mother had a wonderful collection of cut crystal including a large ruby crystal bowl that the cutter ad really done justice to. A friedn picked it up to admire and it slipped from their hands.
Mother looked up from her chair and simply said "It was just a shovel-full of sand, really. So long as no-one is hurt"

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 12:19:50 pm »
My beautiful second husband was a bit of a ditherer  :love: - lovely nature, we never argued (no, really in 12 years we never argued  :o ), but he was high maintenance. :innocent: 
He was made redundant soon after we set up home together so began to do most of the considerable renovation work himself.  He loved doing it, it gave him a sense of purpose, having felt let down and depressed after his fourth redundancy (typical oil industry in Aberdeen - don't need them, ditch them, pick up replacement staff when we restart in 6 months time!   :rant: ), and he was damned good at it - had an eye for style, and recognised and enhanced the original features of our old cottage.

But the place was always in a muddle when i got home from work, tired and hungry, and no tea ready.  Eventually I told him he didn't give himself enough advantages - it became a stock phrase for the next 10 years  :excited: -  so we set about making lists each evening - not just of what he had to do, like taking the dogs for a run in our fields, and making himself a sandwich, but also of what items he needed around him to start the work, where to find them and where to leave them ready for the next day. It made a huge difference, and I began to come home, if not to a tidy home, at least to a cleared area to walk through, and that gradually improved too.

So what that ambulation was all about is plan ahead, make lists, give yourself advantages. :thumbsup:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS