Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Delinquent kid  (Read 1263 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Delinquent kid
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:15 pm »
When Caldi is brought in for milking I have a struggle to get Pom in through the gate, Caldi out and keep the kids in. Korma, who has always been the bolshy one, invariably gets out (this is with two of us doing the manoeuvre) and into the milking room. He's then up on the bench trying to suckle. I'm sure he realises that I am going to be pinching the milk supply.

My OH has to pick him up and put him outside by which time Caldi is very unsettled. He's going to be even harder to handle as he gets bigger (collar coming soon). Not only that but he bites. Thank goodness it's the boy that's turned out like this and the female is much more placid. Korma will not be with us long. He's over two months now and I'm counting the days until he is big enough for slaughter. Reminds me of his grandmother who was downright aggressive.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Delinquent kid
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32:16 am »
I'll be glad to see the back of my boys as well, BOYsterous says it all, if there are food bowls etc to be knocked over and spilt, it is them, they tnink nothing of trying to knock me over, I have started to tie them up while feeding, they are quite happy with that, I tie them first, they stand in place because they know something good is coming.
May be worth doing that with Korma?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS