Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost the pig  (Read 8575 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Lost the pig
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 09:35:40 am »
Facebook?  I've posted a public message but a photo would be helpful

I'll get Raven to post one, Annie.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 11:58:24 am »
I am so sorry to hear this [member=89885]devonlady[/member] I hope you find her soon!
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »
She's found!!! Alive and well the sh#te and causing mayhem in someone's garden so I was told (so much for my   powers of vision!)
Facing the owner was not something I was looking forward to so I was glad to find her in the driveway of this very grand, very posh house having a quiet snooze under some trees and nipped her around the corner sharpish.
I'm sorry to say that, if caught, I was going to give a false name (Cynthia Rowbottom) and say her owner was ill and I was collecting her on their behalf. It was very hot and I had a mile to walk her( which took me an hour and forty minutes!) though I will call in and ask about any damage, she's not normally a havoc-causing pig but may have got into their veg garden.
But, where has she been all this time? One thing she was very nervous, almost frightened. This a pig who has never known a minute's harshness and responds to a slap on the bum with "I'll go when I'm ready" squealed and took off at a run at a tap with a carrier bag of apples!
Thank you all for you concern. It buoyed me up.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 03:34:31 pm »
That is such good news! I am glad she is home and well, perhaps her adventure this time will put her off any more escapes!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 03:44:41 pm »
Brilliant news!  :relief:   I'm so pleased :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 03:49:16 pm »
This is indeed fantastic news, well done for finding her! Love the false name by the way..... :roflanim:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:04:10 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 04:19:09 pm »
Yipee....
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 05:15:51 pm »
Now you really DO have to post a picture of her - she may try it again and we want to know who we're looking for !  :roflanim:

I'm so glad she's back home, but how did you find out?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 06:29:39 pm »
So pleased that she's home  :)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »
A neighbour tipped me off, how he knew I don't know! She was very hungry and desperate for her wallow, we are going all out tomorrow to pig proof a field for her.
If this doesn't work I'm afraid she will be PTS.She is too much of a worry, we are only a rough track away from a main road and though she doesn't like the sound of car engines if she wandered down there and no cars coming she might wander into the road and suddenly meet cars coming each way. It doesn't bear thinking about!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 07:58:24 pm »
How do you pig proof it - electric fencing maybe?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »
Now you really DO have to post a picture of her - she may try it again and we want to know who we're looking for !  :roflanim:

I'm so glad she's back home, but how did you find out?

Yes how did you find out , and must have a picture ( ready for the next "wanted" poster.

Good news and such a relief

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:47 pm »
Phew  :thumbsup:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »
 :so pleased you found her and hooe you can stop her travels

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 12:31:43 am »
So glad she's home. Hope the owner of the house wasn't too angry.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS