Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hay Wanted, Aberdeenshire  (Read 2986 times)

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Hay Wanted, Aberdeenshire
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:37:35 am »
Hay required for goats.  Delivery to Newburgh if possible.  But I am able to collect if small bales.

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Re: Hay Wanted, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:02:01 pm »
If you're looking for small bales, I hope to have some later in the year if the weather comes good in the next 3-4 weeks for it to be cut and made.

Who do you get to make your hay?  I've got 3 acres of grass but so far no joy getting it made into hay - keep getting told that it can only be made into silage due to Scottish weather.  But surely not all hay in Scotland is imported?!

Whitehills

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:56:48 pm »
Hi,

I have round bales. If you could find someone to pick them up you are welcome to them. They're last years hay but have been stored outside. Once you've removed the first few outer layers it's fine. Alternatively, if you can wait a month we can drop some off. We're only around 10 miles from Newburgh. I've actually got a bale newly opened which I'm not going to use so you can easily come and take the middle bit.

Eeyore

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:27:44 am »
Sorry to hijack this post, but I am looking for really good hay in the North Aberdeenshire area.  Round or square bales but has to been really good quality as one of my horses is poorly.  My local farmer's hay this year is quite stoory.  I don't have anywhere to store lots of bales but can store a couple at a time (big round ones).

If anyone can help or recommend anyone, I'd be greatful.  I'm 20 mins drive from Huntly, Banff, Keith and Turriff if this helps.

Thanks.

marka

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Moray, NE Scotland
  • www.facebook.com/WellsideCroft
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 10:23:03 am »
Eeyore,

Try Alistair Webster the Butcher in Keith as he also does hay and straw and generally does deliver around the Keith area although Im not sure how wide an area he covers.

Regards
Castlemilk Moorit sheep and Belted Galloway cattle, plus other hangers on.

Eeyore

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:19:03 pm »
Thank you marka.  I have a couple of people I am going to see this weekend to see what their hay is like.  I will try this man next.

Thanks again, x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS