Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: At last  (Read 2578 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
At last
« on: April 19, 2016, 11:27:31 pm »
Caldi is showing signs of an udder. I was pretty certain she had taken but this confirms it, Eight weeks to go.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: At last
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:55:33 am »
Could she have a word with two of mine please.

Two different groups with different bucks, another month possible. 
The white one was sheared with the others in January so is looking fairly shaggy and difficult to see her shape now but I don't think she's pregnant.
The grey one just looks in really good condition and I'm disappointed if she's not pregnant.  She'd stopped coming into to season so assumed she was.
O well time will tell.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 09:04:45 am »
couldnt you scan them to see or do they only scan sheep and other animals? congrats btw
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:11:41 am »
I could get them scanned with a lot of stress and hassle all round.
On balance just wait and see seems the best option.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:16:05 am »
My vet now has a portable, battery run scanner they use for cattle mainly - so next year will get my goats done (always have groups mated to kid on the same day anyway now). Would have saved me a lot of hassle this year if I had known... and maybe my breed champion goat would still be with us...

So, unless I had to travel unreasonable distances/to another farm etc I would now try and scan... not just for knowing if in-kid or not, but even more so if triplets/quads are involved... pregnancy toxaemia is a killer!

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »
 :excited: :excited: :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 12:11:17 am »
Could she have a word with two of mine please.

Two different groups with different bucks, another month possible. 
The white one was sheared with the others in January so is looking fairly shaggy and difficult to see her shape now but I don't think she's pregnant.
The grey one just looks in really good condition and I'm disappointed if she's not pregnant.  She'd stopped coming into to season so assumed she was.
O well time will tell.

I'll see if I can bring a message from her when I see you on Saturday.

I wouldn't mind having her scanned but the cost for just one goat will be high.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:31 pm »

I wouldn't mind having her scanned but the cost for just one goat will be high.

It's bit late now, goats are done between 45 and 65 days, I know some people scan at 35 days...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »
Yes, much too late. I didn't realise there was a cut off point. Her udder is getting bigger though as is her belly.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS