Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the price of petrol  (Read 8437 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
the price of petrol
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:12:58 am »

Subject: The price of Petrol

Compared with Petrol......

Think a gallon of petrol is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz £1.29 ............ £10.32 per gallon.

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz £1.19 ............ £9.52 per gallon.

Ocean Spray 16 oz £1.25 ............. £10.00 per gallon.

Brake Fluid 12 oz £3.15 .............. £33.60 per gallon.

Vick’s Nyquil 6 oz £8.35 ......... £178..13 per gallon.

Pepto Bismol 4 oz £3.85 ............ £123.20 per gallon.

Tippex 7 oz £1.39 .......................... £5.42 per gallon.

And this is the REAL KICKER.

Evian water 9 oz £1.49 ……….. £21.19 per gallon.

£21.19 for WATER and the buyers don’t even know the source.

(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

You don’t even want to compare it with perfume or after shave.

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink.  Someone calculated the cost of the ink at ................. (you won’t believe it .... but it is true ........)

£5,200 per gal ... (five thousand two hundred pounds)

So, the next time you’re at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run on water, or Tippex, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or, God forbid, Printer Ink!

Just a little humour to help ease the pain of your next trip to the petrol pump.

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
Re: the price of petrol
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:28:18 am »
 :o :o :o :o

Never thought of that before

I'm glad i don't drink Evian, pepto bismol or printer ink   :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:20:27 pm »
and how much does Dear Gordon get from those commodities? ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »
Probably quite a lot..... making hay whilst the sun is shining so to speak

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 03:36:11 pm »
Since I have not yet seen a 1/10th of a penny. Petrol in Gy is 120ppl thats 121p to me It went up overnight 1p why?
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:30 pm »
the same as its passed the 130.9 level here.

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:29:46 pm »
You are lucky! its about 5p more up here wizard! I shall be filling up in Grimsby when i come down tomorrow, and at sainsburys so i get my nectar points too  ;D
We get spring water pumped up to ours and its free!!!! that must be a bonus, id definitly not pay evian prices!!!  :o

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:57 pm »
Yeah but I bet the baby's dont come with it

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 09:04:06 pm »
Hehe!

trouble is petrol's the one I can't avoid buying.  :(

I was just wondering yesterday as I was filling up the van, if it might be cheaper to run a horse and cart (just give me an excuse to get a horse!), but then a customer asked me to do some work for him - 45 miles away!

Oh well, it was a nice daydream while it lasted. :D

mab

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 07:34:28 am »
Hello Mab This is the problem is it not I am although he has passed away a great admirer of Jack Hargreaves Now don't all jump on me and say well he did in episode 5 7 9 11 What I am saying generally I cannot remember him going anywhere in a motor.Of course he must have done but he was portrayed as a pony and trap man and a true countryman.I have most of his disks I am missing No1 but I will come across it one day it will be at a car boot sale and I shall snap it up at a fiver and the next car boot I go to there will be the boxed set unopened unwanted gift £5 it's always the same for me.Where was I Mab I've wandered off agen.Oh aye motors I am sorry to say I cannot manage without one I know I can go to town on the bus and get off in the bus station right next to the Precinct fine if I want to buy a choice of 10,000,000 trainers or something similar but there are no food halls in the Precinct.There is Tesco at Humberston 3-4 miles away Which is a massive place with a moving floor to take you and your trolley on to the 2nd floor but its a change buses 3 times to get there.There is a smaller version just off Victoria Street only a little walk same with Sainsbury's Lidl is on Ladysmith Road The town bus goes past about once an hour and its also a 2 bus ride.I hope you realise I and Kath would have to lug the shopping bags all along these modern routes.USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT Bloody HUMBUG Mab Humbug.Little true story Mab then I'll stop moanin about it I can ride from 2 different stops near my house to the hospital choice is every 20 minutes 4/10Th's of a mile Fare 80p there 80p back Kath has to go with me for medical need if it should happen so.My maths are not good but 4 80p's make £3.20p The Subaru is costing 22p a mile to run It may have increased to 23p with the increase yesterday.I wonder why the silly old sod gets the Su out to go to the Hospital? Right I'm off to get her out and go to the Tesco up town and Lidl see you later bye ??? ;D :wave: :farmer:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11:57 am »
Our nearest bus stop is over 2 miles away so I need my car. If not working I plan my journey to take in everything I may need for that week so I am not having to go out again with the car. It can make for a long day stuck at home but its become life for me now and I have to make the pennies go as far as i can.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 09:17:28 am »
Our village (2 km away) has a bus stop, with the exception of the school bus I have never in 8 years seen a bus go through it.  We are dependent on the car.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 11:19:38 am »
Wizard. If only I had the choice of supermarkets or buses that you have. then again I wouldn't be able to live where I do now. I find I can't tolerate big cities now.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 12:29:28 pm »
Yes Sheila I know ALL the pros and cons but can I give you my COPD and swop residences? The Pulmonary and Investigations has upped my oxygen intake to 16 hours a day,my word it is awful sleeping with it on.BUT It's far better than being toes up I know ;D

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 07:55:19 pm »
Wizard, were you ever a smoker?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS