Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can someone tell me something about normande cattle?  (Read 2026 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Can someone tell me something about normande cattle?
« on: January 05, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »
I have thoroughly researched this breed, as my father is keen on getting a couple. There is conflicting info about whether this breed of cow has horns or not. I was wondering whether any of you knew whether this particular breed of cow is horned or polled? If it does have horns do they go up in both the bull and the cow, or do they go down? Really hoping someone can answer this question for me.
Thanks
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
Re: Can someone tell me something about normande cattle?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:19:05 pm »
There is conflicting info about whether this breed of cow has horns or not.

I don't know the breed but presumably this indicates a predominantly polled breed where horns occur so you could buy either but if you bred them it would be a bit of lottery without careful research?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:26:35 pm »
I know. I'm trying to look into it but the internet isn't being very helpful. Could someone suggest a book of dairy breeds which would include it?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:33:39 pm »
Why not ring the breed club secretary?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS