Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Dog with no Name - an Advent Story  (Read 2333 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
The Dog with no Name - an Advent Story
« on: November 24, 2015, 07:15:37 pm »
This is the story of the  with no name.

The  with no name was born years ago in a foreign land, no one remembers its birth or how it came to be the  with no name,,, but the  with no name it was.

From a puppy the  with no name was tied to a 1m chain outside the door of a house on a concrete floor and there the  with no name remained.

Winters came and the cold and snow ravaged the bones of the  with no name. Summers came and the  sat outside and sweltered with no shade. Nine or ten summers passed and the  with no name was never spoken to, never looked at and a hand never touched it, it was just the  with no name. The  with no name just sat on the concrete on a 1m chain, sometimes fed bread, rotting in its own urine and waited patiently.

And this isn't a way for a  to live, even a  with no name.... and so the time came when cold, starvation, sores and cruelty took its toll on the  with no name and it could face no more and turned its head away from the world and waited for peace.

But the man at whose door the  with no name sat on a chain didn't want a sick and broken  outside and he carried the  with no name outside his gates to the open fields where the weather or the jackals would take the  and he would be rid of its sickly body.

And there the  with no name lay for 3 days and 3 nights, still cold, still hungry and still without hope but the soft grass was the softest bed the  with no name had ever known.

Now, next door to the house where the  with no name had sat lived another couple.... they were people who didn't like to get involved. They had seen the  with no name cold, hungry and sick but they didn't want to get involved. And now they saw the  with no name abandoned, dying and alone on the field and this upset them because they were people who didn't want to get involved. Well, after 3 days of watching the  with no name dying before them, they were upset, because they were people who didn't want to be involved and the  dying outside their house involved them. So they called a lady, who they knew was a woman who did want to get involved....

And at this point the universe, who had never before noticed the  with no name.... saw the woman, from the corner of its eye walking towards the  with no name and took note.

The woman who did like to get involved touched the  with no name and spoke softly to it, and in her heart a little bit broke because she thought, as she had thought so many times, that the most she could do for the  with no name was to comfort it, cry for it, beg forgiveness for mans role in its life and give it the sweet release of death.

And so, she comforted the  with no name, cried for it, begged forgiveness and carried it to her car so she could take it to the vet for the sweet release of death....

And this is where the story changes.... for the universe had noticed the  with no name and was sorry for what it had suffered.

And so the  with no name was taken to a vet and an injection given, but it wasn't an injection to end suffering. It was an injection to give vitamins and sugars and to pump energy into the  with no name.

For the  with no name didn't have to die, and the universe didn't want it to... what ailed the  with no name was not a disease but was hunger and cold and wet and sores and hopelessness and the woman who did get involved was sent by the universe to help the  with no name.

So the woman who did get involved took the  with no name to her home and placed her in a soft, clean, bed in a cosy kitchen and she talked to the  with no name and fed it good food and put salve on its sores and gave it comfort and hope.

And the universe had not finished, because the universe had been displeased, and wanted to make amends to the  with no name... the universe sent a man who would, when the  with no name was well, give a special home of warmth, love and hope... and this will let the woman who does get involved help other dogs.

And, the  with no name couldn't remain the  with no name and so she was given a pretty name to match her pretty self. She is KIRA.

This story of hopelessness started 9 or so years ago when the  with no name was tied to her chain.... and ended 4 weeks ago when Rough Diamonds  Rescue found her in her field waiting to die.....

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: The Dog with no Name - an Advent Story
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:33:19 am »
Bu##er me KC, this had me in tears!!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:07:35 am »
A neighbour of ours took on a Romanian chain dog when her old dog died.  It kept snapping at her horses' heels and when she shouted at it to stop it was so terrified it ran away.  Cue the folks of the hamlet out with torches searching the fields and outbuildings. We found it four hours later, cowering under a bed in her house.  She learned not to shout at it again.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:00:22 pm »
I have a friend who rescues Brittanys in Mallorca - it's never ending - this year she has taken 12 dogs from the 'killing station' and re-homed them - some in the UK;  and they have all settled well - various ages from a few months to 15 years.  Thrown out to fend for themselves, or taken to the pound and 'renounced', or tied to a post in the middle of a bare field with no food or water to await the inevitable.  Mostly the reason is they bred a litter and kept one that doesn't immediately take to hunting, or have a new youngster and discard the oldie

She can only do so much, she has kept three of them herself over the last few years, but can't keep any more, some she just can't find homes for and they are killed by the authorities.

Human beings are the most cruel species ever.

I send Elaine a few pounds every so often as I can afford it as she funds it all herself.

I haver asked our Club to give her a donation but so far no joy - and we have £6000 sitting in a Welfare fund! >:( >:( >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »
kira on the field and 3 weeks later

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS