Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fearing  (Read 9056 times)

SophieYorkshire

• Joined Sep 2015
Fearing
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:00:58 pm »
Has anyone had any experience buying tags from Fearing?

Spent a considerable amount of money with them mid-September on tags and a new drench gun. Didn't get an estimated date of delivery on the invoice. Tried ringing after a couple of weeks to ask where my things were and got a voicemail back saying they'd be on their way 'soon.'

Still nothing arrived so I rang several times last week, and sent emails - but they're not answering the phone/voicemails or replying to emails.... will shortly be raising a bank fraud case!!  >:( I'm not actually in any rush for the tags but I could use the drench gun - would have been nice to be given an estimated delivery date, even if its three months!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Fearing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:09:24 pm »
Yep. Had excellent service from them and have used them a number of times for tags and other stuff. I know they are restructuring but that's not an excuse. Very strange.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:31:48 pm »
I have also used them a couple of times and had excellent service. I wonder whats going on
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 04:01:17 pm »
Me too.  An e:mail to the CEO perhaps?

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 04:01:45 pm »
Very quick with my order in March. But I think they are small so may be an absence/ illness? 

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 07:33:08 pm »
I speak to the Fearing sales team regularly as we seem to have a weekly order at work ::)

They recently made all the staff at the Northants depot redundant (with hardly any notice) and have moved all tag sales and customer services to a depot in Co. Durham.  Last week the new staff were picking up calls from the old number and replying to e-mails.  They are a very small team and do not appear to have been given a handover period.

As I understand it, Fearing are no longer an independent company but part of a group which includes Ritchie, All-flex and Cox-Agri.  I apologise in advance if I have got the wrong info.

If I can find out any more , I will post on Weds. evening :fc:

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 08:23:25 pm »
Oh, what a shame :(.

SophieYorkshire

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:01:10 am »
I speak to the Fearing sales team regularly as we seem to have a weekly order at work ::)

They recently made all the staff at the Northants depot redundant (with hardly any notice) and have moved all tag sales and customer services to a depot in Co. Durham.  Last week the new staff were picking up calls from the old number and replying to e-mails.  They are a very small team and do not appear to have been given a handover period.

As I understand it, Fearing are no longer an independent company but part of a group which includes Ritchie, All-flex and Cox-Agri.  I apologise in advance if I have got the wrong info.

If I can find out any more , I will post on Weds. evening :fc:

I'll give them a little while longer if thats the case :) Would just have been nice to know there's a delay, been putting off bringing the girls in until the drench arrived!

Thanks Bramblecot!  ;D

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:45 am »
Ah, possibly yet another example of bigger definitely not being better ....?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:30:14 am »
Ah, possibly yet another example of bigger definitely not being better ....?

That's maybe a bit premature; thre's bound to be a few teething problems.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »
im needing a sheep tag asap. no luck in contacting fearing, who I have always used before. who do u recommend, that will deliver?  (our harbro wont)

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 04:17:17 pm »
Shearwell

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »
Aren't Supplies for Smallholders still trading? I always found them to be very good.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »
Apologies for not replying sooner; Fearing are struggling in the customer services dept.

I have 3 times reported that their fax was not accepting calls last Friday and this week.
Although I have managed to get through to the sales team, it has taken numerous phone calls.  They have not responded when I left a message.
Confirmed that they are now part of the same group as Ritchie, Cox-Agri and Allflex (main company?).  Fearing deal with direct sales, Ritchie deal through outlets such as Countrywide.

My tag orders have come through now but one has been put through twice ::) .  I'll leave that to the accounts team :-J , can't say too much but I have calf tags to last beyond 2020.

The new team are clearly trying to catch up - some have been drafted in from elsewhere - but seem to be getting to grips with orders now.  Packaging and quality are the same as usual.  Our firm will stick with Fearing but if you need a couple of tags in a hurry I'd personally go to Shearwell.

SophieYorkshire

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 07:57:10 am »
My bits and bobs arrived on Monday - glad they're here but think I will order from our local suppliers in future  :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS