Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Castlemilk Moorit Sheep  (Read 2074 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Castlemilk Moorit Sheep
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:06:13 pm »
Well we have our Castlemilk Moorits, 2 tups, 6 ewes and 4 ewe lambs.
All exept the lambs still have their wool  :-\ so a spot of Rooing was in order, think its going to take some time !
Some have Shelly hoof, took most of the really bad bits off  and got the muck off, sprayed with spray.
Wormed them as they hadnt been done, gave them all Hep P too as they have never had a jag  :-\
All were a bit bewildered when set free in their new fields, having been in a small area with just rashes and bog.
They were getting sheep nuts he said, l feel that they are too big for the lambies so have got them Premium nuts, much smaller. Will give them ad lib to hopefully gain their confidence.
Any input gratefully received.  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Castlemilk Moorit Sheep
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:03:36 pm »
I'm sorry, it is impossible to help without lots of pictures  ;D  :eyelashes:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »
They are not sure about me enough just yet, after all they endured yesterday in the trailer on arrival .
Got them a lick today so will wait till  they come over to check it out  :sheep:

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:52:28 pm »
Welcome to the world of Castlemilk Moorits ... If you are anything like me you will find them addictive... Enjoy!   :thumbsup: :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS