Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What time do your pigs go to bed?  (Read 7369 times)

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
Re: What time do your pigs go to bed?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 05:26:22 pm »
The only time I can guarantee all of ours will be asleep is in the middle of the afternoon. Any other time their sleeping seems to be completely random.

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: What time do your pigs go to bed?
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 08:39:42 pm »
Well my babies do go to bed in their shelter now as the sun sets. Perhaps its just a little cooler or perhaps me taking them off there a couple of nights has got them used to the idea. I think its pretty tough for babies to be parted from their family and have to get the hang of a new place. Even though there are 3 of them which makes a mini herd they do love it if I join them in their pasture. They particularly like it if I sit down and then they can all lay down around me and have a stroke.

Through the day they doze in the long grass or under the trees but dont go back to bed.

I feed them twice a day with concentrates and veg and give them some brasica leaves etc through the day just incase they fancy a change from grass and clover. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS