Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bill Quay Farm video  (Read 1823 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Bill Quay Farm video
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:32:36 am »
Bill Quay Community Farm, an RBST Approved Farm Park near Gateshead, has released this video - nice shots of Large Black pigs, Bagot Goats, Jacob and Hebridean sheep - didn't spot a Castlemilk Moorit but they have them too.  AndTamworth pigs.

Government funding is being withdrawn and they've been campaigning to raise £50,000 to enable them to continue.  They've raised £10,000 so far. 

If you can help them to continue their excellent work, by spreading the word, by donating or in any other way, please do!

Their website is here, they have a Facebook page here (and there are pics of Castlemilk Moorits there ;)) or you can go straight to their Just Giving page here
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Bill Quay Farm video
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:41:37 am »
I should have mentioned, they have Rare Breed Poultry too!  (Sadly none of them in the video either.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Bill Quay Farm video
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »
Sad to see a lot of these farms closing due to lack of funding.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS