Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: laying hens for sale!  (Read 2163 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
laying hens for sale!
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:34:10 am »
For sale 2 buff Sussex laying hens, very prolific layers. They have good temperaments and are easily handled. They need to go asap. For more details and pics PM
Thanks
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

kipper

• Joined May 2013
Re: laying hens for sale!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:32 am »
Hi there I'm looking for buff Sussex hens but not many available in Scotland for sale.where are you and how old are the hens ? Cheers

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 11:27:16 am »
Hi there I'm looking for buff Sussex hens but not many available in Scotland for sale.where are you and how old are the hens ? Cheers
I am in mid wales. The hens are 3 years old but are still very prolific egg layers.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

kipper

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:37:19 pm »
That's a shame its so far away,thanks anyway and good luck selling them

SallyN

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Nr Chard, Somerset
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:05:51 am »
If you're in the Somerset area any time soon would be glad to arrange a meeting place...? Love Buff Sussex hens :D
Smallholding without the smallholding, on various bits of rented land and a big veg garden! Small flock of Dorset Down sheep, assorted hens and a couple of idle ponies.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 09:18:41 am »
If you're in the Somerset area any time soon would be glad to arrange a meeting place...? Love Buff Sussex hens :D
Maybe, I dont very often go to Somerset. I have some people who very occassionally buy some animals from me, but it probably won't be for another 2-3 months yet and I really need to sell them within the next couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:23:13 am by waterbuffalofarmer »

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:30 am »
Im a big Buff Sussex fan too. I have 2 pullets. One is HUGE, the other quite a bit smaller but the smaller one is quite aggressive, both to me and to the other hens....apart from one little Black Rock that she has befriended.
They are stunning girls and although our young girls are still laying small eggs, they have a lovely subtle pink hue
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS