Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Outlander  (Read 2563 times)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
Outlander
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:03:14 pm »
thanks to OH's job, we have every entertainment system/network going-including Amazon Prime. Started watching Outlander today (haven't read the books) and am really enjoying it-anyone else?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Outlander
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:39 pm »
We were just talking about this, said it looked naff but are planning to tune in anyway! Worth a look then

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:40 pm »
I won't deny there are naff elements  ;)  but its enjoyable and nice to have a female lead who's not all girly and  daft.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:17:16 am »
I have Amazon Prime, but our internet connection can't cope with anything like film, can I take my laptop to my dad's, download it and bring it home to watch, or do you have to watch it as it plays?

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:44:13 am »
I don't know for sure Mowhaugh but I think its streaming only, at least for this one as far as I can see. I can only watch stuff like this at broadband 'quiet' times, like when schools in  ::)  or if its not too windy (we have a 3 dongle as well).

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 02:00:18 pm »
I read the books; first one was awful and I almost didn't read any more but they got better and better.

I read somewhere that the Scottish accents aren't great but after Cate Blanchett's in "How to train your dragon 2", how bad can they be?

I'd like to watch it. Once Poldark's finished though. I fear Jamie will be nothing compared to Ross  :yum:

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 02:32:16 pm »
I read the books; first one was awful and I almost didn't read any more but they got better and better.

I read somewhere that the Scottish accents aren't great but after Cate Blanchett's in "How to train your dragon 2", how bad can they be?

I'd like to watch it. Once Poldark's finished though. I fear Jamie will be nothing compared to Ross  :yum:

most of them aren't bad and there's a lot of Scottish actors. Wouldn't be so sure about Jamie either ;) I can see the appeal of Ross but he doesn't do it for me. I was confused at first as I though for a US production, there would be subtitles for the Gaelic, which is spoken a lot. Apparently not though, director wanted the audience to feel isolated like Claire does-which is brave for a US production. Its a bit twee in places, much use of bagpipes, bu the sets, costumes etc are all great.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS