Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bored/confused with/about the election  (Read 3944 times)

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Bored/confused with/about the election
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:11:16 am »
Yes - another 49 days to go  :-\  but I've just stumbled on Full Fact, an independent fact checking organisation, which has cleared some of the fug. Won't answer all your question but all in simple straightforward language with no 'side'. Refreshing.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
Re: Bored/confused with/about the election
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:12:31 am »
Sad, but I actually punched the paper this morning aiming at a picture of some smug politician.

If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 11:15:43 am »
The problem is I don't feel you can trust any of the main UK parties, and most of the minor parties in England are either a bit mad, have unacceptable policies, or aren't fielding candidates in my constituency. I really don't know who to vote for, but not voting is disenfranchising myself!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:31:33 am »
A good case for a box labelled 'none of the above'.  Would be interesting to see how many votes that candidate got.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 06:39:41 pm »
there's an election??

see the things you have no idea about without a telly...

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 09:36:53 pm »
Oh Claire - make sure you are registered to vote !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:35:23 am »
It's very strange. From what I can see the main discussion is about who'll be in coalition with whom after the event. Very little on policies - maybe becasue you couldn't spot the difference between the policies of the two "main" parties.

What I find really odd is the PM's position re TV debates. Surely any politician should be desperate for opportunities to speak to the electorate and tell them about their party's great policies. Yet the PM doesn't seem to want to talk to us at all.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 09:41:40 am »
I think that the very fact that you want to be a  politician should debarr you from being one :-J

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 11:07:27 am »
There are so many things in the UK that wants sorting out and I haven't seen any signs of politicians taking on board what the general public really want.

Where I live we have a Libral dem that supports bringing fox hunting back, so he can sod off.

A Green party candidate definitely not a party I'd support.

A UKIP candidate They got as far as they have telling people what we already know, but I doubt they can fix it.

And a Conservative candidate who was a former estate agent and poser of the first order.

So it's none of the above.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:22:18 am »
I don't believe that not voting is disenfranchising yourself Louise. Every election the pundits and losing politicians recognise that the poor turnout is a "protest" by the electorate.......then do nothing about changing their ways!
When I am forced to look at Parliament on TV or hear it on the radio it makes me cringe. How embarrassing that the running of our country is handed to a set of changing-room bullies who just try to out-shout and out-abuse each other. None of them can be trusted. None of them could successfully run a large company. And you certainly wouldn't want to be in a queue for a lifeboat with any of them; they'd chuck their own mothers overboard to save their own measly skins.
And don't get me started on Parliamentary expenses and the bare-faced cheek with which they justify downright dishonesty  :rant:

I better stop before my blood pressure gets too high  >:(
Is it time to retire yet?

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:24:28 am »
Claire, I envy you!
Is it time to retire yet?

claire

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Falkirk
    • Clairesgarden
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:25:24 pm »
I haven't voted since I became 'no permanent address'

don't see the point

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS