Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Workshop for pure breed keepers in Yorkshire Area  (Read 1664 times)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Workshop for pure breed keepers in Yorkshire Area
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:46 am »
I have been thinking about hosting a secrets of showing your sheep workshop at my place for newbies in the area. I havent firmed things up yet but was thinking of getting someone in to go through the basics of washing, carding, trimming, halter training, ring craft etc, etc.

The only thing that I can confirm for definite at this stage is that there will be lots of laughter and cake!

If we can get someone who still shows their sheep then we may need to have the session before the show season gets started in May. We may also have to pay them and share the cost between us.

It wont be breed specific so if you can get here (East Yorkshire) you would be welcome.

I am trying to gauge interest so please let me know if you would like to attend.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Workshop for pure breed keepers in Yorkshire Area
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »
I could be interested.

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:46 pm »
This could also be useful for people who want to sell their sheep at breeding sales etc

I would be interested  :)
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »
I might be interested! Thank you
4 pet sheep

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 06:15:32 am »
Ok,

I will see if I can find someone to show us the ropes. Are there dates that some of you cant do and would any of you require accommodation?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS