Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bread maker in a power cut  (Read 7777 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Bread maker in a power cut
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:06:52 pm »
Our power went off in the storm the night before last, when the breadmaker, which runs overnight so we (usually) have warm bread to wake to, had done its last rise but not baked.  Initially I thought 'that's that then, all wasted', but as I didn't know how long the power would be off (and I couldn't do any washing up anyway as our water supply is from our well, so needs electricity to raise it) I just left the bucket plus dough in the machine.  The power was off for 13 1/2 hours, and the dough had sunk slightly, but I decided to try baking it.  I heated the oven then popped the breadmaker bucket with its dough in, into the oven.  I think I had the temp a bit too high, but the resultant loaf is perfectly edible, slightly dense but that's how we like it.
I've been making bread for half a century but I've learnt something new about how dough reacts from that.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
Re: Bread maker in a power cut
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:32:18 pm »
I suppose it was a bit like those part baked bread rolls you can buy in some shops .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS