Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from South Shropshire  (Read 2550 times)

hedgebottom

• Joined Dec 2014
  • South Shropshire
Hello from South Shropshire
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:35:34 pm »
Happy New Year and all that from our smallholding (emphasis on the small) 6 miles from Ludlow. We used to keep a few Highland Cattle but I couldn't cope with the lottery that is TB testing so sadly I won't keep bovines anymore. What we have now on our very hilly 2 acres are a few Boreray Sheep and keeping them in check, a tame Ouessant wether, We also have a small flock of free range hens and with that in mind, if anyone wants a cockerel, got a rather nice Maran X available, 6 months old.
Good to read about experiences and questions from other members, and the forum has helped me more than once so thought about time I joined officially.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Re: Hello from South Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:49:12 pm »
Hi HB, good to hear from a Boreray sheep lover  :excited: I have a flock too. Love them to bits, so beautiful.
A bit flighty to catch but that keeps us fit  :roflanim:. I also have a flock of Olde English Babydoll Southdowns, not had them long.
They are the sweetest little sheep, so laid back, good stocky body's  on them, and their faces are like little teddy bears  :love:
Good input and guidance  on here, look forward to hearing about your Boreray  :thumbsup:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:08:43 pm »
 :wave: from Devon.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:25:14 pm »
 :wave: also from Shropshire - Telford in my case. Just goats for me. And fruit and veg.

hedgebottom

• Joined Dec 2014
  • South Shropshire
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:23:51 am »
Hi Kelly58 - Boreray are certainly complicated little souls! loving the sound of Southdowns, they're gorgeous. Hi Devonlady and Mad Goatwoman of Madeley - used to keep a couple of Pygmys, such fun

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:09:24 pm »
 :wave: from Caithness. You're so far south the Boreray just want to escape and go home  :roflanim:  I'm very impressed with the Ouessant chap if he keeps them in order.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

hedgebottom

• Joined Dec 2014
  • South Shropshire
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:40:53 am »
Ha ha, you could be right Treud na Mara!  Ouessant doesn't really see himself as a sheep

clunfarm

• Joined Nov 2014
  • South West Shropshire
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 01:21:08 pm »
Hello from another in South Shropshire. We're a few miles further west in the Clun Valley.
Sorry to read of your fox problems

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 11:23:09 pm »
A couple of years ago I tried to get a group of Shropshire TASers going, just for the occasional meet up. Several people expressed and interest but only one person actually met me as a result. Would anyone new in Shropshire be interested if I try again?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS