Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat buying fail.  (Read 7911 times)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Goat buying fail.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 10:10:36 am »
I will give my name and address. What is that saying ....... Evil will only prevail whilst good men say nothing???

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:56 am »
next time ask for copies of any reg/ health/cae certifcates via email. a serious breeder will be happy to co-operate, and as most things are done on-line now, its no big deal.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 03:02:54 pm »
I will give my name and address. What is that saying ....... Evil will only prevail whilst good men say nothing???

I've manned up and reported him. Already feel nervous that something will come of it. But you are absolutely right that this is the right thing to do.

Cuckoo, thanks for your pm, will be in touch when I have some time and have had a proper think about your suggestions.

Shygirl, thanks for this advice.

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »
Wow. I had arrangement last year to buy some BT goats from - well, far away! To older does and two 2013 kid females. Kids unfortunately broke their neck (both!) so I have decided to leave the does for mating, I have been offered mating for free, only 100 quid for 6 months keep of the does.
The both had a billy kid each. My OH went to pick them up very recently and the does come up as: 2013 goatlings!!! Not registered as well (they ment to be, and I have paid the price for regstered ones!) Other 5 goats I have paid for (150 per kid female, 200 for kid male, one of "my" males... broke the neck!!!)  BTW I'm in Poland right now where we are moving our stud and holding... so my OH is in the charge. He said... good job you didn't see the conditions where the goar were... as you would go mad! Shed with no windows, mess in the yard, etc.

By the end of the day, breeders made ME to pay for goats' registrations as well fo transfers!!! As you can imagine, BGS Secretary was in a state of little shock!!! 125 for all of it on TOP of 1200 I have paid already to breeders... Two 2013 females and 5 kids including my own one...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:20:02 pm by EcoGypsy »

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »
Good for you, Steph Hen :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 11:58:07 pm »
Eco gypsy, that's awful.  There are some very dodgy people out there.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 02:58:23 am »
EcoGypsy, what a carry on! I feel sorry and angry for you. Please say this was in a different region and couldn't have been the same person? It's a carry on. Three goats breaking their necks? Older does going missing? And then the registration issue - How can such people sleep at night?

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 06:06:16 am »
Because they have no conscience, Steph Hen and no morals. Pity they don't deal in something like scrap metal that has no feelings >:( >:(

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »
how did they break their necks? were they out with rams?

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 06:41:05 pm »
shygirl It wasnt explained to me  :(

Mad Woman, Steph Han now we have worse issue, the 2014 kids are registered as progeny of two 2013 goatlings!!! FIVE in total!

EcoGypsy

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Cambs
    • EcoHolidays in Poland
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 06:23:07 pm »
As regarding to paperwork all kids are bred from my females, I have overpaid 3x £150 for nanny kids and £200 for male kid = £650. This is rather serious money, not mentioning trip from Cambs to Wales and back, another £100 in diesel! Kids are much smaller than others, 2-3 months younget British Toggenburgs, my vet believes they probably never been wormed. Feet never trimmed as well.

So we have made a decision. We are going to notify Trading Standards, RSPCA and DEFRA, and escalate the case in the Small Claims Court.

What a shame, that goat breeder is a rather active member of this forum  :( :( :(

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 09:58:53 pm »
Eco gypsy - sounds like a right farse! Hope you can get something sorted with your court action!

Trading standards decided it was an animal welfare issue and sent a vet in... Three weeks later. Apparabntly all animals were fine. He had several premises so who knows if they even saw the right goats?

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:23 am »
Well done for getting some action - at least he will be on his toes now!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS