Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Moth prevention  (Read 5488 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Moth prevention
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »
Ooh that's really exciting Dans  :yippee:  I know you've been wanting somewhere for a while.  Is it the same area you live, or further afield?      My 'Dans doesn't have a farm' comment was only about moths flying in, or not  :D Your smallholding will come about when the time is right and you'll love it :thumbsup:  Don't forget that if ever you have spare time and energy you are welcome to come here again.

Great about the PhD too - that's ruled your life for so long, so will be the hugest weight off your shoulders when you can finally send it off  :relief:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:53:56 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »
Oh yes, I've not forgotten, as soon as this PhD is submitted I will likely be in contact, trying to keep head down and focus at the moment. Estimated submission start of Dec.

The place is further afield, it's in England but a good location for family. Know more on Weds.  :excited:

:fc: on all fronts. I sooo need to spin again but have had to put it all aside :-(

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 12:09:25 am »
I'm getting concerned about my fleeces now. They are stored in the loft in cotton bags. It's always cold up there. Will this put the moths off (I hope)?

Hi MGM  :wave:  Can you get the fleeces down from the attic and give them a dose of sunshine?  Visual inspection is really the only way to know what's in there.

I wonder how my OH will take the request to get them all down and outside, then roll them up and put them back in the bags before taking them back into the loft. Hmmm, now what's his favourite dinner at the moment?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS