Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Serial number  (Read 2672 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Serial number
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:34:00 am »
Good morning, can anyone tell me where I can find the serial/chassis number on a MF35 please, mine is not registered for the road and I need to find some number so I can get it insured.
Many thanks

UPoneacre

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Llanidloes, Powys
Re: Serial number
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »
Try posting your query on the 'Friends of Ferguson Heritage' site and I'm sure the members will be able to point you in the right direction (also a lot of useful info on there about the registeration process).

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:57 am »
There is a plate with an a number stamped on it by the ignition key, and date of manufacturer on a little oval plate near the clutch pedal on the side of the gearbox.  It has varied over the years though, bearing in mind the 35 was manufactured from 1956 to 1963.  The other poster is right, fofh website will set you right.

When looking at insurance I recommend someone like walker midgely who will insure it for circa £40 per annum, as a vintage tractor, including agricultural use and public liability to go to your local show or ploughing match !  NFU are more like £200.

Cheers. Stu

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 07:35:39 am »
Thank you both for the information, I will certainly go onto the Fofh website to get more info. Thanks again

UPoneacre

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Llanidloes, Powys
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 07:56:01 pm »
Well done Stufe - there's always someone here who knows!
On the insurance front I insured our Fergie thro 'Cherished Car Insurance' who offered a fully comp policy for £56 a year and that includes covering attendance at rallies, shows and ploughing matches and use while towing a trailer. Have a look at www.cherishedcarinsurance.co.uk or try 01252 713148 - they're very helpful.

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »
Hi, I used to be with cherished, but they are really for showmen, there policy doesn't (or didn't) cover normal agricultural use,  I switched because walker midgley do cover agricultural as well as the showman stuff.

UPoneacre

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Llanidloes, Powys
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:35:03 am »
FWIW the current fully comp policy from Cherished does cover normal ag use - I questioned this with them to make sure before taking it out this year.

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »
 Good stuff, they must have changed there policy, I guess it could be getting on for ten years since I was with them.  People like these are a really good option for smallholders. I have 4 tractors and all together the bill for the year is just over the £200 mark.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS