Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Siromer Tractors  (Read 4239 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Siromer Tractors
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:42:23 am »
Hi all, has anyone any experience with Siromer Tractors, we are thinking of buying one, any thoughts will be appreciated, good or bad.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Siromer Tractors
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:44 am »
We didn't go for them (that was about 7 years ago), as OH didn't fancy building it himself, and once it comes ready assembled was at least the same if not more expensive than slightly better (but still Chinese) versions...

We have a Foton and are quite happy with it.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:36:52 am »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:55:52 am »

We've had one for donkey's yonks and apart from blowing an O ring just as we started haymaking one year, it's been relatively hassle free.  Mr F tends to replace parts with Brit equivalents for quality, but for its price it's great.  It isn't big enough to operate the baler and so on, but we have an ancient and very decrepit David Brown for that, which sits idle for most of the year.
Ours was one of the first in the country, so when it was delivered the chap helped us put it together to the point where we just had body work, wheels etc to finish.   You don't have to be an agricultural engineer to get it going.  Originally we got it for me as I'm not particularly tall, so my feet don't reach the pedals of the DB  ::)
Spares come through quickly if you need them, and when we decided we needed a front loader we popped it on a trailer and took it down to wherever it is near Blackpool, then discovered the best cake shop in the world at I think St Ann's along the coast.  Made the day worthwhile.  In the evening we drove home again to Scotland.
Implements we went for are rotavator, single furrow plough, roller, back box - I think that's it.  It fits the rake we already had ok and tows the sheep trailer.
It really depends on how much spare cash you have - we had hardly any so went for the kit Siromer, but we've never regretted it - except that O ring  ;D
We use it on a fairly small acreage and I can't say what it would be like with heavier usage.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
Thank you for your replies, I am a commercial vehicle mechanic so building from the kit not a problem, had a look at the thread you sent John and Helen, not particularly good comments on there from most posters, we are going to look at them this weekend as a dealer is very near us and they have invited us to have a play with one.
Will keep you posted.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:31 am »
pesonally, i think i would be looking at old british.ie mf35 .or japanese,  the map stuff as does the british , seem to hold their price

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:13 am »
Actually going to look at a refurbed MF 35 this afternoon :fc:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 01:15:23 pm »
OOOOOOooooooo  :thumbsup: if the place we are buying wasn't so steep..i would love one…but i have settled for a honda quad…the thing i will miss out on though, is a front loader..agh well, i will have to get helen to do the lifting  ;D ;D

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:34 pm »
Hi John, went to see the MF and the lady had taken an offer on it, was disappointed, then lo and behold had a call just now to say person had backed out after finding out how much it would cost to transport back to Wales.  Lucky me, pics. to follow. I actually know the history of the MF as I saw the refurb being carried out (done at the farm we buy our feed stuff from) and I used to go and chat to the guy, had a complete engine  rebuild, refurb back end new rear tyres and 1 front tyre, I showed a lot of interest being a  Plant and commercial vehicle mechanic, starts on the button. :thumbsup:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:12:08 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: most excellent  :thumbsup: i need pictures to make me even more green  ;D
well done you…what a fantastic thing to own :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS