Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animals on Gumtree/preloved..  (Read 6908 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Re: Animals on Gumtree/preloved..
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »
Ye great got a day off hols from work left so will fit in, just got to work out  the route and  fit everyone in ?

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »
Happy to help, leaving Haverhill on Saturday the 6th to come up via Cambridge and Shropshire (picking up poultry!). Will be back in Lanark that day so could keep him overnight until the Sunday. Am driving down from Lanark day before with elderly mum so can't offer to go any further, sorry.

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 12:04:32 am »
I know of a couple of people who are coming up from Devon to the Smallholder festival in Lanark on the 27th September - I know it's a bit longer time wise but if you think it would help just let me know and I'll ask :-)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:25 am »
Oh Karen that would be a great help, thank you  :fc:

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:08 am »
I will be at Checkendon on that Saurday to a bikejoring event with the dogs, if it helps- may be able to go a bit more north to meet someone?
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:14 pm »
I could do the bit between junction 23 and 24a on the m6, it's a bit further than I'd like to go but you can't get off the m6 going north at junction 24, so I'd have to go a bit further towards Wigan thans safe, but if it helps....

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »
Hi I am in the borders A1 side and could do something, even if it's keeping the pup overnight.  I can float between Alnwick / wooler and up to the Fort /asda at Edinburgh if that helps?  But again would need notice.  :)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 06:29:53 pm »
Thanks all but it seems  the boy is not that  interested in sheep at the minute,  have decided to let him go to a home as a pet instead. :( beautiful boy l am gutted. Nessa will make sure he is housed with the right family  :thumbsup:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »
is it only boreray sheep you have kelly? as borerays tend to split (like soays) with a dog. just incase you didnt know...

we had a shepherd and dog try and herd ours up for 2 hrs and he couldnt catch a single sheep.  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »
I'm going down to smallholder show and back up to north of Aberdeen if that is of any help for Happy Hippy's route - I have a kennel, space so can stay till next move
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »
I am just waiting on a flock of Babydoll southdown sheep  to take to our new croft, 21 acres.
Thought it would have made life easier having a dog to work them and save our legs !  :sheep:
Going to the sheep dog trials in Tain tomorrow, see how the pro's  do it  :excited:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 09:18:22 pm »
sounds fantastic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS