Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi everybody!  (Read 2280 times)

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
Hi everybody!
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:29 pm »
I've been lurking for so long now I feel like I know you already. I have your pictures developing in my dark room and I know all the best spots in your gardens to get the best view through your windows!  ;D

Seriously though, I'm not actually a smallholder yet but I have some big plans. I'm planning to sell up and buy a few acres in France and live off the land as much as possible. The plan is to get the poultry sorted ASAP - chickens, ducks, guinea fowl, geese, and the OH want quail too. Also a couple of weaners for the freezer and expand from there as my experience grows. Not forgetting all the fruit and veg. Hoping to be self sufficient proper in 7 years or so. I'm really excited about it but have very little experience at the moment so I imagine I'll have a lot of questions!

Anywho, back to the lurking -  :wave:
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Hi everybody!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:37:04 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum Bex. Your plans sound great and there is always someone on here who can help no matter what the question is.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:55 pm »
Hello and welcome :wave: Don't lurk - join in  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:17:13 pm »
 :wave: and welcome. I agree with Rosemary -join in.

Bex

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »
Thanks guys :)

Off to join in...
Little bugs have lesser bugs upon their backs to bite 'em. And lesser bugs have lesser bugs and so ad infinitum!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS