Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cream Separators  (Read 3051 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Cream Separators
« on: August 14, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »
Anyone know where we can get a reasonably priced Cream Separator, Electric would be nice but not a must
We have looked online and found a few with UK websites to find they are in Ukraine  ::)
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Cream Separators
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:53:11 pm »
Anyone know where we can get a reasonably priced Cream Separator, Electric would be nice but not a must
We have looked online and found a few with UK websites to find they are in Ukraine  ::)

I have got the Ukrainian one (electric) and love it! Obviously not stainless steel, so not to be used for cream for selling. But ours works fine, I put 10ltrs max through in one go, it tends to clog up if more. Bit of a faff to do the washing up at the end, but with our autumn/winter quantities it usually means a couple of runs per week - enough to do ice cream, some cream for my coffee (continental habits die hard  ;D) and to use in cooking. I sometimes make butter, but find that as we do not pasteurise it tends to go rancid quite quickly.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 02:50:02 pm »
I've got one too, very pleased with it.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »
where did you get it from ? If it was from cream-separator.co.uk was there any import taxes ?
Graham

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:04:15 pm »
I got my manual one from the Ukraine via ebay.
only used it a couple of times, but it seems to be working!
Was a bit tricky to put together as Ukrainian doesn't seem to translate very well, but the diagrams make a lot of sense, just taking the metal drum apart to clean every filter every time is a bit of a fiddle, but its becoming part of the routine to skim milk when i collect it.
Will let you know how my butter and icecream come out as not yet started using the cream!
There was no extra cost over ebay price and was about £90 including butter attachments and postage.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »
where did you get it from ? If it was from cream-separator.co.uk was there any import taxes ?

I think when we ordered, a good two years ago at least, it was via e-bay and I paid with my credit card. So far not had any suspicious purchases made somewhere east of the Ural mountains... ;D, but I was anxious at the time.

No import or other taxes, but it may come with a continental plug - check when you order that you get the British version.

You will need to get an ice cream maker though...

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 04:45:12 pm »
Got mine via ebay with no problems.
I had a manual one to start with but would definitely recommend an electric one much easier.

The icecream I make just needs a whisk and into the freezer very simple and very delicious. ;D

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »
We already have an automatic ice cream maker. You put the ingredients in .switch it on and 50 mins later it's ready to eat  ::)
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 06:03:37 pm »
We already have an automatic ice cream maker. You put the ingredients in .switch it on and 50 mins later it's ready to eat  ::)

Now that's plain greediness.. ;D. I can ONLY make a batch every two to three days, as container needs re-freeing for 24 hours. Mind you I would be making ice cream non-top for my family otherwise...

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:45 pm »
we used to have one that the container had to be frozen first but I cant be doing with the waiting hence the reason I bought this one.
If I fancy ice cream its ready in under the hour
Graham

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 09:05:35 pm »
We have the Ukrainian one too, it's red and it's great.  Bought off ebay I think or might have eh been cream separator.com - or maybe the site was something farm.  Love it though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS