Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: clickety clack  (Read 4300 times)

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
clickety clack
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:42:36 pm »
I have been looking at these luxury knitting cruises which are sometimes advertised. Getting a bit jealous. We haven't got enough water up here for that so I am organising a knitting tour on out local tourist railway this summer. :idea:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: clickety clack
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:45:51 pm »
What a good idea, Renee. You must take some piccies as you go  :thumbsup:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 07:47:41 pm »
A knitting cruise  ???

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:34:06 pm »
Oh, I prefer the idea of a train cruise!  More scenery!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »
Yes a knitting train cruise has more appeal to me, too.  :knit:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 01:07:57 am »
Oh, I prefer the idea of a train cruise!  More scenery!

...and less vomiting...
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 10:46:45 am »
Knit one , pearl one , on the orient express , doesn't have the same ring as murder on the orient express does it ?
And on the train cruise , you would end up casting off at the end of the journey , rather than the start ??
The scenery on the circle underground line , in London , isn't that good either , just cables going up and down ! Plus you would get locked up for carrying offensive weapons (needles) !

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: .
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 11:04:14 am »
Knit one , pearl one , on the orient express , doesn't have the same ring as murder on the orient express does it ?
And on the train cruise , you would end up casting off at the end of the journey , rather than the start ??
The scenery on the circle underground line , in London , isn't that good either , just cables going up and down ! Plus you would get locked up for carrying offensive weapons (needles) !

Bizarrely I was wanting to know if you can take knitting needles with you on a plane.  Anyone know?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 11:12:47 am »
I doubt you are allowed them in a balloon , dunno about a plane though .

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 11:18:15 am »

Bizarrely I was wanting to know if you can take knitting needles with you on a plane.  Anyone know?

A customer told me recently you are only allowed wooden ones (or bamboo, I suppose). Unfortunately, I have the habit on sitting on them; have already broken a few...  ;D

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 11:24:18 am »

You didn't used to be able to but things may have changed. I took a crochet hook (albeit a wooden one) and no one batted an eyelid.

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

renee

• Joined Jan 2013
  • jämtland
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 04:57:50 pm »

The scenery on the circle underground line , in London , isn't that good either , just cables going up and down !
A but our train is a bit special. The driver gets out in the middle of Sweden and when he crosses the Artic circle and plays a tune on a trumpet. They stop for passengers to pick Cloudberries, raid the waiting stations for extra seats - Even had a whole gospel choir last year to entertain one weekend  :knit: So they are really excited about being a knitting train. If I get enough people they will put on a steam engine.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 05:10:42 pm »

The scenery on the circle underground line , in London , isn't that good either , just cables going up and down !
A but our train is a bit special. The driver gets out in the middle of Sweden and when he crosses the Artic circle and plays a tune on a trumpet. They stop for passengers to pick Cloudberries, raid the waiting stations for extra seats - Even had a whole gospel choir last year to entertain one weekend  :knit: So they are really excited about being a knitting train. If I get enough people they will put on a steam engine.

Ooo can I come?  :knit: :knit: :knit:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »
And me? I like the sound of that.

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 06:17:24 pm »
What a shame I don't have a passport anymore.

I think knitting needles are best put in main suitcase not in carry on luggage. There has been discussions on Ravelry. Apparently Mexico is very strict, someone got their crochet hooks and stuff confiscated.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS