Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: land  (Read 2665 times)

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
land
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
Hi All
I am looking for a somewhere to put my bees in the SA6 area as my bees have been evicted due to the land been sold, can anyone help

VEG

• Joined Jan 2014
  • Maesteg South Wales
Re: land
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »
Hi redwood bad news mate

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:45:27 pm »
Hi Veg, Yes I was suppose to have gone to my new site in may but the landowner had a change of heart, something about solar farm next door and the need to cut hedge rows for access.  I have been offered loads of places where Emyr lives but a bit far for me unless I go big to make it worth while but to be honest I like it as a hobby for now at least.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:54:27 am »
Ever thought of using a cheap shed etc.in your back garden with dedicated outlets for each hive in the walls
 Put 6 foot fence panels around the shed to make the bees fly big so as to not bother the neighbours & to disguise the fact that you get into the bee gear once behind the panels .

You can use a red light  head light on the inside of your black face veil/ hood etc.  to see to work the bees at night inside the shed , as the bees don't fly much when opened up under a red light .

You can always dye your bee suit black as well to stop you standing out like a sore thumb .
It's a bit of an old wives tale about not wearing black when working your hives just use plenty of cool smoke ...

Make sure the suit is not stinking of sweat or honey , for that's what the bees will go for.

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:19:04 am »
If you were down South I'd bite your arm off...
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:35:41 am »
When I was looking at an out apiary, I just looked at google maps to find local farms. Then popped round and either dropped a note in or spoke to the farmer.

The one I now use is brill, keeps an eye on the hives and would like more up there.

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 10:37:06 am »
I forgot to add, I also contact the local council.  They then spoke to their tenant farmers to find out which ones would have space for bees. Quite a lot came back asking for them and I handed over the list to the association to fill the spaces.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS