Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sheep shearing cumbria  (Read 4394 times)

cumbriandan

• Joined Jun 2013
sheep shearing cumbria
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:34:41 am »
Hello all,

My name is Dan and I have returned to farming after some "time out" in teaching. My wife and I  run a commercial flock of sheep and a small herd of Boer goats, close to Carlisle.

I am available for the shearing of small numbers of sheep (less than 15)  within a 50 mile ish! radius of Carlisle.
I am also happy to do foot trimming of sheep and goats, worming, etc. I charge a basic call-out fee for fuel and machinery costs plus a small price for time.

Please contact me for a quote, all breeds welcome !!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: sheep shearing cumbria
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:54:26 am »
Howdy neighbour!   :wave:

We're commercial beef and sheep farmers probably not very far from you.

There are small sheepkeepers hereabouts sometimes tell me they get fed up of having to wait for busy neighbouring farmers to come help them with their sheep  :innocent: ...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

cumbriandan

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:38:05 am »
Hi Sallyintnorth, you are indeed very close to us we are near Hethersgill. Small world and all that ! Anybody out your way would be more than welcome. I know first hand how hard it is to get contractors for small jobs, so since we have the kit it seems a shame not use it! :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:38 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from  :sunshine: Shropshire. Only have goats,one of whom is half Boer.

Small Plot Big Ideas

• Joined May 2012
  • North Pennines, UK
    • Small Plot Big Ideas
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »
Would you consider coming as far as Allendale? If so then I'll have to keep a note of your details - we've only just moved in so we're a little overwhelmed and taking our time to assess the options. We don't plan on getting any of our own livestock until next year although we expect to host some sheep from a neighbour soon.

cumbriandan

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
Hi Madgoat, Do you know which half ?   :-J Seriously though, we produce pure stock but also cross Boer billies with other breeds which can work out well for breeding and for meat !

Hi Small Plot , I would consider coming as far as Allendale (nice part of the world!) for shearing etc. If you do get your own sheep bear me in mind. Dan

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »
Hi Madgoat, Do you know which half ?   :-J

The naughty half.  :roflanim: Dad is a rather handsome Boer. Mum is more or less Sanaan. My other goat is pure Sanaan.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »
Hi Dan welcome to the forum
We only have 2 needing sheared this year so a bit far for you to travel (Allenheads) although your wife has been here before but with her work not connected to animals  ::)
We also have Boers  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:19:41 am by sokel »
Graham

cumbriandan

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:32:48 pm »
Hi Sokel,

In the nicest possible way that wife of mine does get round a bit !! Hope your goats are doing well and not getting into too much bother ! ;)

cumbriandan

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
Hi all, just to update my original post. I am now available to shear larger numbers of sheep, in the Cumbria/Northumberland area. I am woolboard trained and careful!!
Feel free to get in touch whether you have 1 or many !!

Apologies to any admins if this is inappropriate in this thread, could this possibly be moved to the Sheep section?
Thanks Dan.

piglady

• Joined May 2015
  • Kirkbride, Wigton, Cumbria
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:20 am »
We live in the Wigton area and are looking for someone to shear our small flock of 7 sheep this year.  Are you still available please, or can you advise of anyone else that could do this?

Hello all,

My name is Dan and I have returned to farming after some "time out" in teaching. My wife and I  run a commercial flock of sheep and a small herd of Boer goats, close to Carlisle.

I am available for the shearing of small numbers of sheep (less than 15)  within a 50 mile ish! radius of Carlisle.
I am also happy to do foot trimming of sheep and goats, worming, etc. I charge a basic call-out fee for fuel and machinery costs plus a small price for time.

Please contact me for a quote, all breeds welcome !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS