Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ignoring other members  (Read 37697 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Ignoring other members
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:40 am »
Just another thought , they probably gathered in Tunbridge to be amongst like minded dinosaurs , you wouldn't want to be in the post office queue on pension day in the fifties with them.
While I'm at it, can we have a ' tongue in cheek ' emoticon please Dan, I think I need one .

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 09:03:39 am »
 ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:05 am »
 :farmer: that is funny your observations tizala
there was a club i was a member of and on the commite          also on the commite was this bombastic barsteward that was a retired submariner and he was a computer whizz kid as well but i got the better of him when he was the forum administrator  after many years that club is now rid of him and he cost them a fortune with his woolly ideas that nobody  except myself would stand up against
mobile radios were his pet thing so he pushed through buying 5 second hand radios half the price of new ones only to discover that they did not cover the frequency's required     so they had to get new innards and cost a lot more than if they had bought brand new     they were later stolen out another commite members car and could not claim the insurance  so had to buy another 5 radios  :D :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:38 am »
From experience on FB, the person who does the 'blocking' really see's a fragmented conversation though! I've blocked the people who threatened to come and turn my goats into curry as well as other ridiculous threats (they are well known for being a bit odd) but it means if I'm reading a status by a mutual friend it looks like said friend is talking to themself as you can't see blocked person's comments!

Personally I don't think I'll need to use it on here, its great to have the option but I don't find anyone as objectionable as said goat-threateners here on TAS - obviously a nicer type of person frequents TAS  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 09:10:15 am »
While I'm at it, can we have a ' tongue in cheek ' emoticon please Dan, I think I need one .

This is the best I can find. If I had the time (oh, and the talent) I'd make a new one just for you!  :-J

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 09:13:32 am »
From experience on FB, the person who does the 'blocking' really see's a fragmented conversation though! I've blocked the people who threatened to come and turn my goats into curry as well as other ridiculous threats (they are well known for being a bit odd) but it means if I'm reading a status by a mutual friend it looks like said friend is talking to themself as you can't see blocked person's comments!

The way it works on here is not to remove the posts entirely - you still see that a post has been made, with the poster's name, it's just the content that's hidden. There's a link against each hidden post that lets you see the content in context.

I'm not explaining that very well, just see the attached screenshot where I've (temporarily) ignored Tizaala.  ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 09:21:39 am »
Ah that's really good! At least you have the option then,

Ooh another new emoticon - just GOT to use that one - Dan you are Soooo clever  :eyelashes:    - love it!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

robert waddell

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:07 am »
Dan the emotion that you put on could be sexually misconstrued  or is just that the way my mind works :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:43 am »
Dan the emotion that you put on could be sexually misconstrued  or is just that the way my mind works :farmer:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought that LOL  :-J  - could also indicate a mouth ulcer though? stress caused by DEFRA-paperwork induced mouth ulcer....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:15 am »
You are both VERY naughty! :eyelashes:  But I like you!  ;)   I thought it just looked like a gumboil ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 11:09:30 am »
Oh Dan. What a task it is, running a website. You try to respond to people's requests and just end up with lots of cross comments! ::)

I think, if several people have asked for this feature, then it was good of you to install it.  :thumbsup: .

I personally don't think I will need to use it as I have never been offended by any of the posts. I know some of the discussions get a bit heated at times, but that does reflect the real community feel that TAS has. Something that I value. Perhaps the answer is to trial the feature for a while and see how it works out?

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 11:25:53 am »
I'd actually be fascinated to know who blocks who - but I don't want to know, if you know what I mean! 

Personally, I think a bit of friction is the grit in the oyster that makes the pearl.  Otherwise it's just something that slides down smoothly but is ultimately forgettable.  ;)
I think oysters are all forgettable ;D  with or without grit  ;)

A honeymoon couple ordered a platter of a dozen oysters on their wedding night.  The following morning, the concierge asked, with a knowing grin, how they had enjoyed their oysters.  "Well," said the bride, "they were alright, but only 9 of them worked."

Sall-eee  :D :D :D

How about Nanny Ogg's famous 'carrot and oyster pie'??
Carrots so's you can see in the dark, and oysters so's you got summat to look at!  :D :D

Buy Nanny Ogg's cook book. It's hilarious :thumbsup:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 12:20:46 pm »
This is a somewhat blunt instrument but has some use.

Some people shoot from the hip and offend through thoughtlessness.  Being thick-skinned they tend to post a lot.

Others think very carefully about what they say and how they say it: they offend only by design.  So I find myself muttering under my breath at calumnies rather than pouring on the petrol.  I would expect to send such people to the naughty corner for a couple of weeks so I can forget them. 

I was an FSA regulated person for a couple of decades.  Knowing your emails are being kept as evidence against you makes you careful.  Being a witness in a fraud trial (case dismissed and costs awarded) makes you thoughtful.  The internet does have a very long memory and the arm of the law is getting longer and stronger as the chaps at News International and half the Cabinet seem to be finding.  It must be most disconcerting to find a Tweet that took seconds to send (and was instantly forgotten) as a front page headline. 

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:08 pm »
Sally I love your quote, I am going to pinch it, (hope you do`nt mind)
Pinch away  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 06:18:03 pm »

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought that LOL  :-J  - could also indicate a mouth ulcer though? stress caused by DEFRA-paperwork induced mouth ulcer....

I'm really pleased to find there were more than me    and suitably embarrassed to admit me too!!

aaaand i had to nick the oyster joke   rofl

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS