Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Laaaaadies for sale to good homes! All of their belongings too!!! Trailers, etc  (Read 8996 times)

Hairy Hogs

• Joined Feb 2011
Hi there.

We are moving, and being brutally honest we just will not have the room to breed pedigree 'onkers' in the future, so................sadly 'Blossom & Tinkerbell' need new homes.  Loving homes, where they can once again be loved and in return provide some fantastic pedigree weaners for their new homes!

Tinkerbell, the Middle White is a maiden gilt from Mr Jones in Wales, and Blossom is a bautiful Oxford Sandy & Black bred by Carron and Tony York, again with a perfect pedigree.

I am asking sensible offers for these, they must go, but to a good home only.

Blossom guarding her first litter last summer!

Again guarding the mud wallow!

Who couldnt love that?  The most gentle mum I ever met!

Tinkerbell, purchased from the R.B.S.T. Pig auction at Ross On WEye.

She won her best of breed at the show!

With one of our sons............she's as sharp as a Tamworth and a real gentle lady!

Doing what she does best!!!

Please email me on hairyhogs@hotmail.co.uk if interested in coming to see the laaaaaadies!
Thanks for lokking and regards to all on the forum
Jason

www.hairyhogs.co.uk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:28:27 am by Hairy Hogs »

Hairy Hogs

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaadies for sale to good homes!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:24 pm »
Not one reply. from 55 views?

Somethings changed around here! ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:25 pm »
I'll reply ... just to say they are lovely looking!
but I'm afraid I can't help with rehoming, we are only just clinging on to the ones we've got, what with finances, illness and stroppy neighbours :)
Little Blue

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:34 pm »
Soooooo lovely  ;D Keep looking at your photos and wishing, but downsizing myself sadly rather than adding pigs,  even ones as lovely as these  :)

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »
Lovely pics and lovely ladies but sorry just not ot any more room at the moment for anymore livestock, sadly. Hope they find a really good home soon.  :wave:

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:42:32 am »
If you were closer to Scotland and they were free.............. ;)

Sorry I can't help, but hope you find good homes for them or (don't hate me) move to your new home with a healthy supply of pork - better that than send them to the market, lose money on them and who knows what fate  :-\

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:45:03 am »
OMG, Tinkerbell is gorgeous. I loooove Middle Whites.

Hairy Hogs

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:13 am »
Hi Rosemary.  I have sent you her paperwork. Thanks.

NO WAY could we eat them, they will find good homes im certain!

HappyHippy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:09:08 am »
NO WAY could we eat them, they will find good homes im certain!
I hope I didn't offend you Jason  :-[
I just meant if it was me and I couldn't find a home for them I'd rather slaughter than send to an auction market. It's not because I'm heartless or uncaring, I'd just rather know they'd had a good life right until the end - but here's hoping it's not something that'll even come into it  ;)
Karen  :wave:

Hairy Hogs

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 01:45:38 pm »
Anyone interested, house is definately up for sale now, Rightmove, Weston Underwood, Barn with 16 acres if anyone is looking for a lovely converted barn with some land!?

The school run is too much and we have to get closer to town.  The place we are buying doesnt have the land, or not enough to justify the damage done buy pigs!

These girls have got to find a good home?  The Tamworths are off to Holland in two weeks, just these girls left now.

Regards
Jason

www.hairyhogs.co.uk

Also I will have two of Tony Yorks 7 x 8 arks, and 2 of the 8 x 8 John Henry arks for sale.  Also an Ifor Williams livestock trailer, almost new, loads of troughs and electric fencing stuff.  Fence posts also if anyone is interested, all not more than a year old.  When we do something we 'do it good'!

SMarshall

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:36:11 pm »
I'll have a chat to my other half, although we're a bit short on space due to Mangalitza piglets!

Cheers,
Steph

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:00 pm »
Hi Jason,

I've PM'd you.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

Hairy Hogs

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:36 am »
Hi Pete.  I somehow deleted both yours and Stephs Pm's! ::)  Thanks for your email Steph, I have replied.  It would be good to meet you both, come and see the girls.  Prices are negotiable, home is the most important thing to me.

Anyhow, I can say yes they are 'takeapartable', bolted together, yes they are heavy, all plywood, only just over a year old, and as you doubtless know if you look on Tonys Pig Perfect website.............expensive, but seemingly copied all over the place!

Thee are two of the triabgular arks, 7x8, and two of the huge John Henry arks, 8x8.  These arks are not your usual tin roofed, cook you pigs in summer and freeze them in winter buildings, and are very well designed.  I internal dividers for them too, which enables splitting paddocks and using arks as gates almost.  Believe me we thought about how to do this piggie keeping! LOL. :farmer:

Here are some pictures of the arks.  Obviously they were almost brand new then, but a bit of a coat with more preservative would soon have them looking sweet as again!

Joh Henry Arks.  RRP £460 each now, sensible offers!????

RRP i belive about £420 sensible offers!????

Electric fencing, batteries, maybe even 8 galvanised 8ft gates.  I think the paddock would look better from a sales point of view if I remove all evidence of piggies, with a plough!!!

Regards
Jason.

Anyone can come and look, and help with removal!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:54:39 am by Hairy Hogs »

chickenfeed

hi

did you get my pm ? i know someone looking for a trailer but i just know his first question will be "what size is it" any chance of a photo and price please.

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting pictures of the Arks, I'm sure you will miss keeping pigs when you move!

Do you have any photographs of the feed / water troughs you have for sale? You may be a bit too far away from us to transport the Arks but we are looking for troughs and would be interested to see what you have.  What price have you in mind?

Regards,

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS