Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: cat sick  (Read 11262 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: cat sick
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »
Live animals are fine its the bits of dead animals they leave you that I learn to dread, heads and tails of squirrel are a favourite in our house!!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 07:14:53 pm »
Live animals are fine its the bits of dead animals they leave you that I learn to dread, heads and tails of squirrel are a favourite in our house!!!
Get a dog.  One with some Labrador blood should do the trick.  ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 06:48:21 pm »
one of my boys is often sick .. because he eats too much too quickly!

I think we've about covered the "joys" of being owned by cats, what with live things, dead things, internal & external parasites, digestive issues

... just two other things - the knack of getting under your feet (the number of bruises I have, trying NOT to step on a cat and getting bashed in the process!!)
when there's 4, there's usually one in a daft place here!

Secondly, the knack they have of Knowing if a person doesn't like, is allergic or cannot see cats!
My little monster is totally in love with a friend who is very allergic, he taps her with his paws and she comes up in hives if his claws touch her ::)
He is a b*gger for getting in her car (she should pay more attention & not stand gossiping with the door open!) and spreding his cat-ness everywhere too! :D
Little Blue

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 10:35:43 am »
a good tip for recovering live presents, leave a welly lying on the floor, the mouse will see a dark hole and shoot in the welly and then you just empty it outside.
Oh great idea, but I would forget to check first  ::)

robert waddell

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:54 am »
if it is anything like lillians feet the mouse will be gassed :D :farmer:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 11:08:12 am »
 ;D

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 11:20:43 am »
if it is anything like lillians feet the mouse will be gassed :D :farmer:

I have nice feet thank you  ;D ;D
I was woken up this morning at 3a.m ish by a loud crunching and a very pleased Labrador. She had eaten the mouse that one of the cats had fetched in  ::)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 11:45:46 am »
Good to know they are working as a team  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:31 am »
Our Lab Raven, likes to show me what the cats have brought in. She quite often brings me a present while I'm still in bed. One morning she came in doing the Labrador wiggle, landed on the bed with a bunch of what I thought were feathers hanging out of her mouth, it was my neighbours fat Goldfish -oops! Next morning she fetched the biggest potato I have ever seen  ;D Fish and chips anyone?!!

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 07:24:02 pm »
Oh my goodness,

what a revolting thread!

well I asked you for all the aspects of cat ownership that the rescue centres dont tell you and you haven't let me down.  But really, no wonder there are so many unwanted cats. they seriously need to think about their PR ::)

Your stories are horrible enough and you lot actually like cats ??? Can you imagine the things that cat haters would say about them? Killing wild birds and cr@ping in their flower beds, keeping them awake all night with their noisey lovemaking :-\

So I suppose that I should be greatful that I dont have the cadavers, the climbing onto worktops and the taumenting of alergic friends ::) to deal with. Your experiences make mine seem positivley pleasant ;)

I would like to add however that thismornings sick had worms in it which was bab enough but OH had made a pan of chicken noodle soup which I was going to have for lunch......needless to say that somehow I just didnt fancy it ;) :(

Ah the joy of pets :love:

Buffy

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »
You did ask, Buffy!   :D  However, I suspect you have now heard enough, more than enough.  :o

Sounds like your puss needs worming, hopefully that'll stop the being sick.  Let us know!

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 09:30:08 am »
They have had their spot on worrmer and flea tretment now so hopefully that will help.

;D

Buffy

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
Re sicky cats, Phoebe used to eat quickly, come away from the bowl, throw the whole lot up and then a few minutes later, eat it again. Lovely!

Re dead mice etc.I remember many years ago, getting up in the middle of the night to spend a penny, I opened the bedroom door and stood on something sharp. I hobbled to the toilet, only to find a vole's head stuck in my big toe by its teeth!! Even lovelier!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS