Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Laminitis  (Read 11839 times)

calamityjane

• Joined Aug 2011
  • sauchie
Re: Laminitis
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:11 pm »
sorry to hear the sad news she had a great life with you remember the good times because they can make you laugh my 2 tamsworth can be very funny at time we had the dog crate at the gate they decided to both go into it they are fully grown yes girls u did came in the crate but we are not going for a run in the car i just hope my two have a wonderful life its great that if we need advice u guys are hear for everyone hugs sent xxjane

leanne_george

• Joined Jun 2017
  • New Zealand
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 10:32:13 am »
Hi Julie have just been reading about your pig way back in 2011 Bluebell? Did you ever find out what was wrong with her?  I have a Kunekune pig that is 3 years old - Billy and he has just started walking on his knees and in terrible pain.  Lying down most of the time now and also very keen to eat/drink the vet has him on non steroidal antiinflams but still no difference :-(

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:34 pm »
In case you don't get a reply from the original post - I'd speculate that a spinal abscess could be the cause of paralysis - abscesses seem to be more common in pigs than one would like and extremely unlikely to be your fault or anything you can do about it.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 07:11:10 pm »
If a treatment from the vet is not working, go back to the vets. They may need to try something different or do some tests.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS