Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A 'Hilary' Moment  (Read 6194 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
A 'Hilary' Moment
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:58:21 am »
Given the adventures of Hilary and Digby thought i would tell you about what happened yesterday. Our first day at home after a week away on holiday.
Got home from work and found a young lady sat on the doorstep, she told me she was awfully sorry but she'd had to land her glider in our field (as it happens it was one ofour neighbours fields) anyway pointed her in direction of neighbour and never thought anymore, went off to pigs, let Clover my 18mth GOS out for a wander to give her companion whos shes been bullying a bit of peace and quiet, next thing air ambulance rolls up and then the police helicopter so theres me busy knebbing all thats going on, forgot all about Clover. Anyway all the excitement subsided and i suddenly remembered about Clover, turns to go back to the house and here she is looking at me from inside the conservatory!!! I had left the back ddor open so she'd gone thro the utility scoffing the dogs dinner on her way!, across my clean kitchen floor, across my beige family room carpet and into the conservatory needless to say she had just stepped out of her wallow!! AAAAgggghhhhhhhhhh. :-[ She absolutely refused to budge back outside without the aid of a big tub of pig nuts, this all happened because previously she had got in the utility and flung a sack of pizza flour all over the place and i'm sure fancied a bit more fun!  Thankfully the mud dried and i've been able to hoover most of it off the carpet and the others thank god are tiled floors, dog was a bit miffed about his tea too :).
Just another day in the life of the pigs at Fowgill Farm!  ;D
Mandy  :pig:

princesspiggy

Re: A 'Hilary' Moment
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:56:22 pm »
 ;D ;D  wev bin there in similar situations. apparently pigs can open sliding doors if they were only open a tadge! we once came home to find 2 ponies in our porch, who cudnt turn around and didnt believe they cud walk backwards, they even managed to poo on the window sill! it all adds to ur character lol  ;D ;D :wave:

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D one of those moments where your laughter stops you from being angry!!!!!!! So funny !

Leri

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Trefriw, near Llanrwst, Conwy
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
ROFL   ;D ;D

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »
What a wonderful day out for Clover! And the story made my day too  ;D

onnyview

• Joined Dec 2009
    • onnyview free range produce
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:16:27 am »
Mandy, that's hilarious! Let's hope Defra aren't reading this. Eating dog food? Ha, ha!

Allison

Onnyview free range produce- Gloucestershire Old Spot pigs, Hill Radnor and Llanwenog sheep.

www.onnyview.moonfruit.com

zackyb

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:01:10 pm »
That gave me a good giggle !

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:16:12 pm »
HI Hilary, what a laugh :D did clover fill out her own movement licence before leaving her accommodation?, although the escaping thing is so not funny at the time within a few moments when all is well again and they are making that silly little squeaky noise at you you can't help but give them a apple and a cuddle.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 05:01:04 pm »
 :D :D :D I'm sure Hilary will be flattered that she has become the benchmark againstwhich all pig adventures are now measured  ;D

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 06:08:26 pm »
Brilliant  ;D ;D  :pig: :pig: the piggy characters never cease to amaze
 ;D ;D :wave: :wave:

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »
thats so funny  :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 06:17:40 pm »
:D :D :D I'm sure Hilary will be flattered that she has become the benchmark against which all pig adventures are now measured  ;D
better not tell her though - she'll be planning her next adventure, to beat them all!

Clover sounds just delighful,
at least she stayed on your land (unlike my escapee last year, who went up the road & into the garden next door.  shhhh, though, they still dont know!)
Little Blue

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 11:22:46 am »
That is just wonderful, I love Clover hope she is due for a long and mischief filled life.  Hilary will be so proud of her  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »
The aforementioned culprit sulking!   

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb220/fowgillfarm/Image0038.jpg

Confined to barracks forthwith!!

Mandy  :pig:

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS