Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED: Braun hand-held stick blender  (Read 4896 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
WANTED: Braun hand-held stick blender
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »
For some reason these seem to have gone off sale - anyone got a one they no longer want? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook

Sandy

Re: WANTED: Braun hand-held stick blender
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »
I had one for Christmas and use it a hell of a lot so your not having mine!!!!!! Joking apart, funny you cannot find one, I often stop myself from putting my finger in to clear out what I just chopped with it still plugged in so maybe too many others have done that too!!! (I still have my fingers thankfuly)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:38 pm »
Thanks Dan.

Please can you (or anyone) tell me is this the same product as Dan's link?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAUN-MULTIQUICK-MR440-Hand-Blender-Healthy-Baby-Food-/250806713372?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Juicers_Blenders_Smoothie_Makers&hash=item3a653ebc1c
only it's half the price, but one of the pictures is the same, so I got confused.  ??? (I am easily confused.)

Having thought I could find none, now helped by Dan's link I have found too many and don't know which are good and which less so!

So now please can those who use them and swear by them advise on exactly which model number it is I should get? 

Searching on Braun's own websites I have concluded that Braun are no longer in the food processor business; they seem only to do shaving equipment now.  (They have a service site still supports old processors and other products.) 

Anyone know if another company has bought the food processing products business?

Sorry, too many questions for Marketplace, perhaps...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »
Yes, it's the same product, the MR440 HC.

We've got a really old Braun wand blender and it's great. To be honest I don't think they made a duff model - it's a simple piece of kit and any one will do you well.

And at that price it's a bargain!  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »
If they stop making these I will cry!! I use a braun stick blender to make soap - essential piece of kit  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »
Ours is a Braun too- great thing. Bought a cheap one when a previous Braun died, as we couldn't get a Braun..... But it wasn't as good, and then I randomly found a Braun somepleace odd- but I can't remember where!

Beth

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »
Mines a Braun too and its brill, I also have a Large Kenwood Chef mixer and thats brill but its hard to tip up to get cake mix out as its blinking heavy. I use my Braun almost daily as its so handy and easy to clean yet p owerful!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 12:47:50 am »
Well I've ordered the one on eBay.  From the feedback this seller is usually fine, but isn't so hot on resolving problems.  The last four things I've bought online have all necessitated problem resolution... :pray: fifth time lucky... :fingers Xed: 

Thanks for your help, all!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:07 pm »
My Braun hand held blender was the BEST thing I bought with vouchers when my first baby was born - to do all the supermummy things for baby... and I did, and it is still used almost daily nearly 10 years later! Maybe I should buy a spare one just in case it will give up the ghost one of these days...

Ps.: I still have all my fingers too (and my tongue is not sliced in half either....)

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 04:51:02 pm »
 :-[ :-[ I only just got mine out the draw and put my glasses on and its a Kenwood, still, its brilliant!!! Just remember to unplug as the button that you turn it on with is easy to press when you are getting the rest of the food off the blades!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS