Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bought my Pig ark but be wary whom you buy from!  (Read 14680 times)

halibaba

• Joined Jun 2011
Re: Bought my Pig ark but be wary whom you buy from!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »
we bought a pig ark off golden river in march, again we were told that paypal was difficult for them to set up as the card system was down and a bank transfer would be perfectly acceptable.  The ark never arrived, we cancelled the order and are currently trying to claim our money back through the small claims court.  deadline for them to repay / respond 6th july so we shall see!

please donot pay for your ark without using card or paypal, you need the security you can get the money back, will let you know of our progress, just wish i had seen this site earlier, and why is the law not in the favour of someone who has genuinely paid and not just on credit!

Hi,I have just this minute purchased an 8 x 6 pig ark from 1st animal arks ;D.Previously I had found Golden river farms/Golden river manufacturing Ltd not only on this site but also on the web.

I wrote to them to buy an 8 x 6 ark at only £180.00 plus £46.00 delivery-Bargain! But wait,there is a twist,though their site accepts paypal and debit cards I was told I could not use them at the moment and that I would have to transfer the money.I was suspicious so asked if I could pay cash on collection-the answer was no.Upon calling 1st Animal arks I was told "Noooooooooo! >:(" They actually have a large list of very broken hearted people-like you and I whom have also encountered them,now they are having to sue them to get their money back.I just thought I would let you all know because i wanted to economise as much as possible,However,please,please be very careful,the grass is not always greener and you may end up being hurt.

I have to say this without prejudice as may be a technical hitch,however,you can make your own minds up.
Take care all xx

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 08:39:57 am »
We also bought an ark from Golden River in April, which finally arrived 3 weeks after they said they would deliver, (without any warning on the day, thank god I was in) but I would never use that company again, quite apart from the non-paypal cash upfront debacle which we got too.   Impossible to get hold of any of them on the phone or by e-mail to find out how long the delay was going to be, and the one and only e-mail reply I got was downright rude, suggesting "I should delay purchasing my pigs until the ark arrived" - at some ha ha unspecified time in the far distant future.    Not easy to comply with when you are waiting for piglets to be born and need a new farrowing home.   Very inefficient and unsatisfactory customer service.   Sorry to hear so many others are having problems with them too - Tamsaddle 

blacktail

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 10:54:56 am »
Hi,I have just this minute purchased an 8 x 6 pig ark from 1st animal arks ;D.Previously I had found Golden river farms/Golden river manufacturing Ltd not only on this site but also on the web.

I wrote to them to buy an 8 x 6 ark at only £180.00 plus £46.00 delivery-Bargain! But wait,there is a twist,though their site accepts paypal and debit cards I was told I could not use them at the moment and that I would have to transfer the money.I was suspicious so asked if I could pay cash on collection-the answer was no.Upon calling 1st Animal arks I was told "Noooooooooo! >:(" They actually have a large list of very broken hearted people-like you and I whom have also encountered them,now they are having to sue them to get their money back.I just thought I would let you all know because i wanted to economise as much as possible,However,please,please be very careful,the grass is not always greener and you may end up being hurt.

I have to say this without prejudice as may be a technical hitch,however,you can make your own minds up.
Take care all xx

blacktail

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 11:04:12 am »
We got caught by these people.  We were advised to pay by bank transfer to ensure a quick delivery.  Eight months down the line resulted in us taking them to court.  We won our case, but still have not received our refund.  Their website has closed down and the phone number is no longer active.  Citizens advice have advised us to cut our losses as any further action instigated by us will probably cost us lots more money.  These people know how the system works, and unfortunately the law as it is today allows them to get away with it.
We found out that loads of people have been conned by this company, then when the s...hits the fan, they close the company and open under another name.  Be warned they are based in Leighton Buzzard and their office is in Thame.  I believe Watchdog are onto them.  We will be contacting Rogue Traders so if anybody else wants these people exposed could they do the same.

Leri

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Trefriw, near Llanrwst, Conwy
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »
Thanks for this heads up - was lookign to buy one soon. My hubby made one last time but the porkers peeled off the plywood and made a big hole in the side! The boar went through the floor! Lol - it's all a learning curve - think he knows what he has to do next time :-)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »
Why not buy your materials and make your own.!!

I was about to recommend my husband  :D :D :D :D
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 04:09:54 pm »
With moving out of the farm, I wanted a quick solution to housing goats, and my two kune kunes.  Ordering 3 goat arks and one pig ark, is a considerable outlay, and I wanted them to be good quality - like my moneys worth.  Hubby too busy to make them, so carefully looked at all the options.

Plumped for Animal Arks.  More expensive that some arks, but first class service, quick delivery, and as promised a well made ark.   I have no regrets!!

Sorry for those of you who have had problems with suppliers - its not right, and really makes me mad.

blacktail

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:14 pm »
We got caught by these people.  We were advised to pay by bank transfer to ensure a quick delivery.  Eight months down the line resulted in us taking them to court.  We won our case, but still have not received our refund.  Their website has closed down and the phone number is no longer active.  Citizens advice have advised us to cut our losses as any further action instigated by us will probably cost us lots more money.  These people know how the system works, and unfortunately the law as it is today allows them to get away with it.
We found out that loads of people have been conned by this company, then when the s...hits the fan, they close the company and open under another name.  Be warned they are based in Ayelsbury and their office is in Thame.  I believe Watchdog are onto them.  We will be contacting Rogue Traders so if anybody else wants these people exposed could they do the same.

Stevie G

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
stevie g does not have that problem      as he lives in Australia   they are as honest as the day is long :wave: hi ya stevie :wave: :wave:

The only trouble is that the day isn't  looooooooooooong enough! :wave:

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »
stevie g does not have that problem      as he lives in Australia   they are as honest as the day is long :wave: hi ya stevie :wave: :wave:

Even with day light saving the day is not long enough hey Stevie......but the sun still shines long in to the late afternoon making Truck driving difficult if you are heading west. ;D

Stevie G

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16:49 pm »

Even with day light saving the day is not long enough hey Stevie......but the sun still shines long in to the late afternoon making Truck driving difficult if you are heading west. ;D

With or without head lights Blonde I can still see no Honest ones! ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS