Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: REALLY CHEAP compost bins !  (Read 5766 times)

HappyHippy

REALLY CHEAP compost bins !
« on: January 06, 2009, 04:56:19 pm »
Hiya,

On one of my various trawls through cyberspace I found this website

http://www.recyclenow.com

On here they have an option to enter your postcode and search for subsidised compost bins - they start at £6, YES REALLY and that INCLUDES delivery and a free mini caddy for storing/transporting kitchen waste. Obviously that's just the small one, the bigger one's £8 ! They also have wormeries for £66 and other stuff too.
I think it all depends on where you are in the country as to what's available but for anyone who wants / needs a compost bin it's definately worth a look.

Karen  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: REALLY CHEAP compost bins !
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:25:57 pm »
I've got a compost bin and a green cone previously - in fact I got two compost bins and used one for keeping logs in - kept them nice and dry.  Down here I've just got a compost bin and it is working well.  If I get a log stove i'll get another bin for those.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

richardg

• Joined Dec 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 01:51:42 am »
That's fantastic - thanks ;D

Wellieboots

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:27 am »
If you are in scotland, this translates to waste aware scotland who also supply cheap compost bins & a free kitchen caddy. Just be aware that you can only order a maximum of 2 bins, so ahem I roped in some friends who didn't need them and ordered a few more!

Huzzah for me  ;D

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:15:24 pm »
So now I have my composting bin (thanks very much for the hint), what do I do with it? I mean, I know what to put in it  ;) but, do I need to stand it on a hard area (paving) or should I stand it on earth or grass or what?

Beth

rustyme

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 06:26:11 pm »
 hello Beth,

if you want the grass to stay as grass, don't put it on there....or on the concrete. Stick it on soil and when the compost has heated and rotted a bit , the worms can move in from the soil beneath and do their work too. It will also drain out any excess water.

cheers

Russ

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 06:33:41 pm »
Ahhh excellent points about the worms and drainage! Thank you very much Russ. I will put it in place tommorrow.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS